Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default 2012 checkins for working out!

Hi all,
    I have been pretty good in 2011 working out but took some breaks on running due to a knee issue.

I thought it might help some of us to have a thread of working out accountability where you post your workout/eating efforts.

Today I did a 4 mile run/walk (mainly walk) I did an 11 min 1 mile run which for me is pretty good.

So far today I've been eating pretty well after gaining 4 lbs when DH and I were away for 4 days -- looks like a lot of water weight since 2 lbs came off pretty quick.

I am going to bootcamp tomorrow at 6 am (EW).

Anyone want to play?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Yes! I got the all clear from my midwife to start exercising again, so I'm in. Not planning to diet at all since I'm nursing, but I'm doing Zumba 3x/week for now. Usually I lose weight very slowly until the baby is about 9 months old, then it all falls off and by 12 months I'm below pre-pregnancy weight. I wasn't exercising w/DD1 or DS though, so I'm hoping to start losing before 9 months this time!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I just joined a gym the other day. I really want to start exercising not just for the weight loss for our mental health! I need to lose 20 more lbs to get to pre-preg weight, and with the way DD nurses, dieting is next to impossible. my DH would like to lose 30 lbs, and dieting is really hard for him, so i exercise i think will help too.

I'm hoping to start with zumba, Pilates, and yoga. i'd love to get back into long distance running, but that probably will take a while. I'm REALLLLY out of shape. So is DH.

the gym we joined as child care, so i'm hoping that's another incentive to work out.

I hope to make my first gym visit tomorrow.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-01-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I haven't been able to work out for a few weeks due to minor surgery but I'm itching to get back to the gym! Before my hiatus I was doing boot camp 2-3x a week and running or taking spin class 2-3x a week. I'd like to work back up to this schedule with a 7-8 mile run once a week.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

I started kickboxing classes 2x a week since October but the martial arts studio was closed for a week and we had holiday parties so I haven't been to class for 2 weeks. Tuesday is probably going to hurt!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Bootcamp!

5:30 am tomorrow. We'll see how my ankles are this time around!

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm trying to keep up with exercise during this pregnancy. I go to spinning 2x/week and do a balance/stability class 1x/week and then do something else, whether it be step or yoga. Just staying active really helps me with my insomnia and helps to clear my head. It isn't easy to keep this up while pregnant, working full time, and raising a toddler, but I'm trying my best!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just moved somethings around to do the 9 am bootcamp -- I am TIRED!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I'll play.

I just posted on the Couch to 10K thread something similar to this:

My goals is to run for 60 minutes. Right now I am running 50 minutes, so I think I will hit this soon.

After I hit that goal (hopefully in the next few weeks), I would like to start a C210K program and finish a 10K by fall.

I'd love to be able to tone my abs, arms and lose 10 lbs.

I may pick up a kettlebell work out dvd/bell set.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Twisted my ankle in Oct. so I am trying to figure out the ideal workouts. So far jumping jacks, jump squats and all the cardio bursts I liked to do are out. Of course, my new Wii Just Dance 3 should be out too but I plan to do that for 45 minutes/ day and weight lift 4 days/ week. Basically I am replacing boring old running with the dance game. I will still do a 10-20 minute run 4 times/ week as a warm up as there is a great loop in my gym's neighborhood (excellent hills- long, steady and a good steepness).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast