Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    No workout for me today -- my back is really hurting me and I have bootcamp 6 am tomorrow.

Trying to eat smart today.
    /hillary
    Hope you feel better today...back pain is no fun!!

I did 35 mins on the treadmill with various inclines and speeds this morning. Since the older DCs are back to school today and DH is back to work I going back to eating lighter during the day (much easier when it is only me and DS2 at home then when everyone is home). I am also hoping to do a 20 min workout with the 30 day shred DVD when DS2 goes down for his nap and before the older ones get back from school!

My biggest "problem" with working out during the day is that I don't have a block of time to take a shower and get ready after working out and if the older DCs have an activity after school that I need to take them too it is no good.

This is one reason why I try to exercise in the morning and then take my shower and be ready for the day....otherwise I never seem to get it done...and unfortunately I don't have the body to go out running errands/carpooling in my exercise outfits....my neighbors can pull it off and look gorgeous doing it me I look like a mess!

How do you all manage it?

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Honestly sometimes I don't shower and put on cute workout tops and more pit juice and call it good (sorry to be gross). I also try to work out early. I also can get showered and back into regular clothes in 15 mins (I often skip my hair or put it in a pony tail).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

no workout for me today..am so sick (congested, sinus headache)..ugh! though i am going to the gym for the personal fitness assessment thing. hopefully by the weekend i'll be feeling a ton better and can start working out.

am so sore from Pilates yesterday..hurts whenever i cough or sneeze! hillview - Pilates is sort of like yoga but it's very very intensive on the core muscles (abs). things like planks, and the "teaser". it looks so easy but its so hard!

and yeah, i don't always shower after workouts, especially if its after something like yoga or whatever (i don't really sweat much at all, so maybe that colors my opinion).

i wish i could do early morning workouts...but I don't think i could wake up at 5 or 6am on a regular basis. just saw a friend from a moms group (a SAHM) post on FB how she woke up at 4:30am today to go running. OMG! I wish i could do that. I am such a wimp in the mornings. I usually go to sleep after midnight, so getting up at 7am is early for me. it would be convenient though. there's a yoga class at 6am at the gym, and if i did that i could do the class, shower, and be back home by 7:45, before the kids even woke up!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Ok did my bootcamp this morning. Set a personal record (don't laugh) of a 10.29 mile. I am actually really happy with that. Today was a baseline record day (so you do as many pushups, squats, side planks etc as you can in a set amount of time and run a mile). I am sore and exhausted but so happy I did it!
    /hillary
    That's GREAT! Mine was......alot slower than that. I've never been a runner - ever. But as you put it, it's a baseline.....i can't wait for the plank tomorrow as a baseline cuz THAT i can do

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    i wish i could do early morning workouts...but I don't think i could wake up at 5 or 6am on a regular basis. just saw a friend from a moms group (a SAHM) post on FB how she woke up at 4:30am today to go running. OMG! I wish i could do that. I am such a wimp in the mornings. I usually go to sleep after midnight, so getting up at 7am is early for me. it would be convenient though. there's a yoga class at 6am at the gym, and if i did that i could do the class, shower, and be back home by 7:45, before the kids even woke up!
    This is me, but i WOTH FT and am very much a morning person. By the time i was home from boot camp @ 6:45am I was raring to go!!! The kids were still asleep too so I'm able to get a few things done first.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I got my 60 minutes of cardio in yesterday with the dancing game. I am going to try the "Just Sweat" workouts later vs the dances. I let the kids pick yesterday's playlist and they really picked some peppy songs! Thursday is back to the gym.

Another doesn't always shower afterwards. I know how I smell (at least I hope) and I know if I am sweaty and dirty. Now that ds2 does afternoon preschool I have had to change my workout schedule. There is never a chance to shower after my afternoon workout as I pack my days in tight. I shower in the AM, get dressed either in regular clothes or workout clothes and then exercise later. No biggie.

I did it! I signed up for bootcamp and went today. I hope I can keep it up. I mean, it is early. 5:30!!! Yikes. I have swimming on M-W so I will do (try to do?) T-Th-Fri for the boot camp. I signed up for the 4 week session and it was $200, so I feel somewhat committed.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

Wanted to add, I WOHM full time, so I go home afterwards and shower and get ready. It gets tight because we need to leave at 8:08-8:10 to have my son ontime for school (8:15 start).

I tried lunch time workout before and it was okay. I did have to shower then afterwards and I didnt' do makeup or anything and it still took 2 hours. Morning seems to work out the best, but it is hard to get up that early.

What time do you all go to bed?
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I go to bed between 930 and 1030 most nights.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

An hour/ day on Wii Just Dance 3 for the past 5 days. Does anyone have Zumba for Wii? If so, is it any good?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast