Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

you go girls! I am back in action -- back is getting better. Bootcamp in the morning tomorrow!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Today I did the treadmill....4% incline at 3.5 mph for 30 mins.

Tomorrow morning I plan to do 30 day shred DVD...I am trying to alternate between the treadmill and the DVD to see if that will help give me some results.

I "know" I have 30 -40 mins every morning for myself to do some type of "formal" exercise and I a trying to fit everything in that time frame and still keep it interesting! Any suggestions on what exercise(s) to do to give me "maxium" result would be wonderful!!

I tend to go to bed around 10 or so but I try hard to wake up around between 5 and 5:30 so that I can exercise before the kids are up.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've "postponed" my start to the New Year, as I have a lingering upper respiratory issue, but I hope to get back to it by next week! I've been pretty bad over the holidays, ate and especially drank too much, while running myself ragged in between the fun. No wonder I'm sick! Ah well, it was a good time, but I've got some extra tummy poundage that needs to come off pronto!

Well I did really well this week. Tuesday evening DH & I had our games for the ultimate frisbee league we are in. Our babysitter is going out of town for the next month, though, so I won't be going for a while. Wednesday morning I did swim. Then I was so sore all afternoon from Tuesday's bootcamp. Went to bootcamp again this morning.

Planning on bootcamp tomorrow and running on Saturday with my neighbors.

My problem is I've been exercising fairly regularly for almost a year and I've only gotten larger. It's such a total bummer. Guess I need to work on eating, too.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

I did 30Day DVD this morning and then took a short walk outside since DH was home (asleep) with the kids (asleep) it felt good to be outside even though it was chilly just by myself without any of the kids to "worry" about.

I am trying to avoid "bread" but it is difficult since DH won't give up his French bread with meals (neither will the kids) so I am trying not to have any bread during the day and only a small piece at dinner.

Otherwise I am trying to be "mindful" of what I am eating and why...

Went to bootcamp this morning. Back is still a little out of sorts but I was able to everything except pushups and a few running laps.

I have 4 lbs to lose to get back to where I want to be. Not a lot but I haven't been a total pig either -- more of a piglet. I am trying to be good!

I hope to get some cardio in this week if my back can deal.

/hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Ok I walked today for 4 miles with the dog. I didn't want to run with my back but I felt good after the walk so that was good!

Come on people!!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

hillary - that sounds awesome, i can't wait till i'm in shape enough to do a bootcamp class in the mornings. i think that's something that would be great to have to get me "pumped up" for the day!

ok this morning i woke up and i still felt crap and very congested (i went to the ENT doc the other day, and got antiobiotics and other meds for sinus infection), but i still went to the gym today with DH and the kids, figuring i could just take the time to stretch and have some kid-free time, and take advantage of the steam room etc. Dropped the kids off for the first time at the gym child care center....was kinda nervous about it since DD had never been dropped off anywhere, and DS had only been dropped off twice (at our church nursery). They did ok..didn't cry when we left but when DH went to get them he said they were both kind of scared/overwhelmed and each had to be hold most of the time by a teacher. But at least they weren't screaming/crying and they didn't have to come get us or anything, that's success, right??

Anyway, DH is going out of town in a couple days for the week, and on Monday morning I have an appt with a personal trainer, so i will be dropping the kids off at the center again. Crossing fingers that they do ok this time too. I hope that after a few times they will warm up more and can enjoy all the toys etc they have there. I really think that having this childcare option will really motiviate me to get out of the house and work out, especially with DH traveling...I have no excuse now!

4 miles alone with a dog sounds like a lot of fun! Glad your back feels better!

I did the treadmill for 35mins at various inclines and speeds to burn 310 calories...my goal for next week is to get it up to 350 calories in 35 mins...crazy I know but we will see!

I was hoping to go for a bike ride today with DH with DS2 in trailer but it didn't work out becasue of the amount of homework DS1 and DD have so DH went while DS2 napped.

DD and DS2 and I played outside for 45 mins since it is beautiful here and I plan when DH comes back to go for a short walk by myself or if it is too dark try to do a DVD.

great work ladies! Ms Pacman I was SOOO out of shape in Feb when I started bootcamp. I couldn't finish several circuits. Give it a thought -- I was 30 lbs over weight and had not worked out in 6 years.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast