Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lfp2n is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD got dog and sled and a guitar for Xmas and they've had a lot of play. Have to say the guitar is a real quality item- it even comes with a real but miniature music guide and finger position guide. We also have the horse and foal but no interest in furniture or historical accessories apparently. I have set a firm but unpopular limit on 2 dolls.
    Lucy DD3/03

MY DD's love the clothing and baby accessories (baby carrier, crib, diaper bag) and the animals. I bought them the desks a few years back and they get no play

http://www.thequeenstreasures.com/servlet/StoreFront is a good place to get quality knock-offs of AG clothes and accessories.

look for their store on Amazon, sometimes their stuff is cheaper there than on their website.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We're still in the Bitty Baby/Twin phase, but the extras get lots of play. The bottles, clothes, crib, car seat, diaper bag, backpack etc. get used everyday.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DD's wheelchair and crutches set, and the luggage set are Journey Girls from Toys R Us. They're nice quality and much cheaper than AG. She has a bed from Meijer. She does have Kit's table and chairs, and the baking table from AG.
    Kris

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD loves her accessories, but what I'm loving right now is that she's obsessed with making stuff for them.

We found really well hand made bunk beds and table/chairs on craigslist separately for around $10 each. She preferred those because for that price I let her paint and sticker them however she wanted. She took a cardboard box and made an awesome doghouse for their pets. She took a plastic bucket and the big bubble sized bubble wrap to make her own tub with bubbles. She saw an awesome Hello Kitty box from Costco in the box bin and begged for it: she made a swing that we hung from a ribbin in her closet and put seat belts in it with old head bands. Adorable. She's becoming quite the little designer and engineer with all this stuff and I'm thinking it's fantastic.

Of the actual accessories we have, the set with the cast/crutches and the outfits get the most play. And the animals. The other thing that gets played with most is a little set of desserts we got from pier one thanks to this board last year after Christmas.

Although she really wants more dolls. I'm not sure what do do about that. I think if I let her there are about 5 she'd really want. But it's the one thing she plays with consistently, and extremely creatively, which I love.

Every time a cardboard box comes in the mail (hooray amazon prime) she looks at it with potential, and DH tries to sneak it out of the house.

newnana, i LOVE that she upcycles/recycles.... an engineer in the making!!
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy
    Cancer survivor!!!! No Evidence of Disease, now and forever!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2