Default WDW President's Day week February 2012?

Is this crazy? We would plan on flying in that weekend, seeing relatives in the area, try and see the Harry Potter exhibit, and then move to WDW and can stay the Tuesday and maybe Wednesday once others are (hopefully!) back in school. I find WDW overwhelming, Disneyworld was doable with help from this board (and two kids!), but with three kids (7, 5, and 2) - I think WDW will need more assistance. We definitely want two rooms at least, or a condo/suite, the 2 year old will not sleep otherwise and we don't want to be trapped in silence when all the kids are in bed. Is February at this time crazy or doable? There aren't any other windows of time since the kids are in school and we are about as far from WDW as possible in the continental US. Help!

Nobody has been there at this time of year? Really? Surprised. Bump.

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It is a busy time of year. We went the week after one year (Wed - Wed) and still had high crowds through that Friday or Sat. It really cleared out, though. IIRC, the crowd levels were 9 and 10 before we arrived, 8 the first few days we were there and then gradually fell all the way to 2.

I think you will definitely need to do a touring plan. I would check their crowd calendar as well.

Sorry, I wrote a response yesterday but I guess it didn't post
    We had friends that went that week last year and were very dissapointed. It is very crowded. They were not expecting it though so that might have clouded their judgement.

I would do rope drop everyday and take a break when it gets crazy.

Have fun if you go then! It is still wdw!
    Mama to 3

Quote Originally Posted by mytwosons View Post
    It is a busy time of year. We went the week after one year (Wed - Wed) and still had high crowds through that Friday or Sat. It really cleared out, though. IIRC, the crowd levels were 9 and 10 before we arrived, 8 the first few days we were there and then gradually fell all the way to 2.

I think you will definitely need to do a touring plan. I would check their crowd calendar as well.

We've gone the weekend after (arriving on Thursday)...I agree with high crowds through Saturday.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I checked the crowd calendar at TouringPlans.com, and that week is supposed to be super busy (crowd levels of 10 out of 10). You can also look at the free crowd calendars at www.easywdw.com

I agree with PP--if you go, just know that it will be super crowded so you will need to be at the parks at rope drop, which unfortunately, is doubly difficult when you're coming from the West Coast.
    Mom to two spunky kids

Thanks all. I was afraid of that, but hoping maybe it wouldn't be too bad mid-week. We have some relatives who keep asking when we are going to fly across country to visit, but with three kids, it is a pretty large commitment and thought WDW might make it more palatable. We will see and be back for more info later. Thanks again.