Default whoa - weight gain in the last few weeks?

I have not gained any weight in the the last 4-5 weeks - likely due to a vry restricted Gestational Diabetes diet. They doubled my dosage of metformin last week and my sugars have been fine...until yesterday when they were randomly high. I stepped on the scales today and have gained 5 lbs in 6
    days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it my my face and in my belly and butt when I am wearing jeans.

What is up with that??????????????

I have a growth scan tomorrow and a Dr appointment Thur, though not with my regular Dr.

Any ideas?
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Blood pressure doing ok? No signs of pre-eclampsia, other than the rapid weight gain?

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had the same thing happen during my last pregnancy. I did not have GD but it was all water retention. I lost 33 lbs in 2 wks after delivery so I'm thinking most of my weight gain was water retention. They were afraid of pre-eclampsia but I didnt have that. I did end up with super high BP after delivery though. Is it possible you're retaining water?

My legs are pretty swollen which is normal for me during pg...I sat all day yesterday with feet up and they are a bit better - blood pressure is fine and no swelling of hands or feet.
    ---------
    A-M

---------

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When is your next appointment with your OB? Honestly, given the GD and the fact that you're following the diet, I'd call and see if I could be seen just to get their take on what's going on. I know you said your BP has been fine, but when was the last time you were in and had it tested? I think it can come on pretty fast.

Glad the the higher dose of metformin seems to be working for you though, at least for the most part.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    When is your next appointment with your OB? Honestly, given the GD and the fact that you're following the diet, I'd call and see if I could be seen just to get their take on what's going on. I know you said your BP has been fine, but when was the last time you were in and had it tested? I think it can come on pretty fast.

Glad the the higher dose of metformin seems to be working for you though, at least for the most part.
    I was at my OB 6 days ago. She is not in for the next two weeks. I see her partner this Thursday. I see the MFM tomorrow for a growth scan. They never do vitals. Sometimes they remember to do weight but not always. And they won't see it as odd b/c I last saw them 4+ weeks ago...so 5 lbs in 5 weeks won't seem odd to them.

I am going to stay the course today and then see how things are tomorrow and maybe call the MFM ahead of my appointment to ask to be seen not just for the U/S.
    ---------
    A-M

---------