Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I understand the frustration. It is hard. There is nothing wrong with saying and embracing the situation. Once you have the diagnosis there are more services available to you through school and therapy. There are many sucessful adults with ASD. It is hard right now but with time and therapy he will grow and these behaviors will lessen.

Not to deminish your situation, I have three ASD kids 8, 6 and 4 the oldest being the most severe. The oldest and youngest to not talk at all. I have a lot of parents of SN kids tell me they feel guilty complaining to me about how hard it is to parent their child when I've got three. I remind them that every path is different and that mine are all in the same "boat" so to speak. I don't know what it is like to have to tell one child "no you can't sign up for T-ball because your brother has therapy and we can't do both". The best thing I have going for me is a supportive husband and family. Next is our therapy center and the parents in the waiting room. No one gives as much support as someone who knows what you are going through. Reach out to ASD groups. Attend ASD seminars and classes. It is amazing how much information you can gleam from other parents in the trenches.

Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just want to commend you for not sticking your head in the clouds. Even though you have a lot on your plate with a new one on the way, you are choosing to do what is best for your child. Way to go mama!
    DD 02
    DS 04

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3