Default Follow Ups on LeapPad?

I plan to get one for DD in Feb as a gift when DD2 arrives. But I am confused by all the packages and accessories.

Not interested in games that are just games...only educational games.

Anyone care to share their experience now that you have had a week or two to use it? What accessories have proven useful? Is it better to bundle?
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

My son got one for Christmas. We have the case and really need to get an ac adaptor or some more rechargeable batteries as it goes thru them pretty quick. I don't think there are any games that are just games it is all educational stuff. There are a couple video or music apps that you can download that are just for fun. We have the Mr. Pencil game, Cars, Pet Pals and Pixar Pals. So far my son isn't a huge fan of Mr. Pencil but I think alot of that is just because hes not used to using a stylus so we are working at that with him.
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just posted in Bargains that they are now back in stock at Amazon.

My kids love them, but I am frustrated by how quickly the batteries run out. We've replaced them twice now! Granted, they did use them on a 1000 mile road trip)
    We haven't downloaded much yet, and only have two games (Toy Story 3 and Penguins), but DD especially is liking the apps that help her sound out words.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The batteries go quickly. My girls are a bit older, but they enjoyed the free jewel train app, the art studio, taking pictures/videos, and the Tinkerbell game. The princess game is okay. I want to get the animation studio.

They definitely like it - the batteries are my biggest complaint!

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    The batteries go quickly. My girls are a bit older, but they enjoyed the free jewel train app, the art studio, taking pictures/videos, and the Tinkerbell game. The princess game is okay. I want to get the animation studio.

They definitely like it - the batteries are my biggest complaint!
    please tell me more what is the free jewel app and

how much is the animation studio. TIA =)

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    please tell me more what is the free jewel app and

how much is the animation studio. TIA =)
    Hmm... my dad bought the leap pads and it came with a few things preloaded (pet pals, story studio, something) and the packaging said we could go download one free app. I followed the link it gave me, and there were only a couple to choose from - one was called jewel train. It is possible this was some special package he bought, but he didn't think he bought a package...
    There are two jewel train apps listed here, but neither are free (http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/ju...tegoryProducts) Not sure what the difference is.

This link should tell you about the animation one:
    http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/ju...egoryNav=false

(I might have called it the wrong name)

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    My kids love them, but I am frustrated by how quickly the batteries run out. We've replaced them twice now! Granted, they did use them on a 1000 mile road trip)
    We haven't downloaded much yet, and only have two games (Toy Story 3 and Penguins), but DD especially is liking the apps that help her sound out words.
    could you tell me which apps. help sound out words?

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am thinking about having my mom buy one for my DS's 4th birthday this spring. Will he like it if he has had time playing on an iPad or iPod touch? I would like some learning games, but dont want him to be complaining that it doesnt have the games that the iPad has (i need to reclaim my own iPad!)
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008