Default Europa Baby Palisades Lifetime Crib - Thoughts?

I am a first time mom and looking for a safe crib that will last me through at least 3 kids. Consumer Reports rated the Europa Baby Palisades Lifetime crib as number one pick. I went to BRU today and was not super impressed at the style (kind of boring) , however the crib seemed very sturdy. I would love to hear from moms who have bought this crib and your thoughts about it! Also, did you buy the matching furniture and have you been happy with it?

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just bought this crib, although we haven't actually used it yet (one more month!) However, it is set up and waiting in the nursery. I'm thrilled with it. The quality seems great, and I really like the style (I like things pretty simple). We also got the combo dresser/changing table, and I am also very pleased with it. The quality of that piece seems good, too -- and it came already assembled, which was great! We actually ended up buying the crib from Target, not BRU...although I think the sale we used has passed, I was able to get the two pieces for a combined $250 less than BRU, and delivery was only $30 -- so check around if you decide to go with this one!
    Lizi

We have it and really like it. DS has only been sleeping in it for about a month but we personally liked it better than any of the other cribs we saw. I especially like that it is short. (I have seen it in the Baby Depot catalog too so you might check there for a better price. We bought it when Babies R Us had their Trade in event at the end of January/February, you bring in some old baby equipment (can be something like a stroller/carseat/crib/etc.) and they give you a coupon to buy something 25% off. (I asked for an expired carseat on craigslist and got one for free, brought it in for the coupon to buy the crib.)

We did not buy the same furniture. We found the perfect dresser that is low enough for diaper changing at Big Lots for about $100. The dresser has worked out incredibly well and matches the crib (cherry) pretty closely.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

We have been using this crib for almost 8 months and we love it. Yes, it is "plain" but I see it as more classic which is what we are going for. It was very easy to assemble and is very sturdy. The side rial isn't too high so it's very easy to get the baby in & out of until you lower the mattress. My one warning, apparently a standard crib skirt is to long for this model. We had to hem ours a couple extra inches for it to work but I saw it as a small inconvenience because we like the crib so much.

I have this crib an it's great. I am super short; 4' 11" and so we also got the heaven sent breathable crib mattress, mostly for the safety issues since or LO can breathe right through it and I am super peranoid about suffocation, but also because it is so easy to change. It is a fairly new product I think but you can check it out too www.securebeginnings.com