Default Jumpstart Trampoline Question

We ended up with 2 trampolines for Christmas. one from Toys R Us and one from Amazon. FIL put the one from TRU together it has a bungee cord laced around all three sides of the trampoline. We couldn't take that one because we couldn't fit it in our car. DH finally put together the Amazon one today, there's no bungee cord at all, the mesh part is fully attached to the fabric sides, is this one defective? Does anyone else have one like this?
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maybeebaby08 View Post
    We ended up with 2 trampolines for Christmas. one from Toys R Us and one from Amazon. FIL put the one from TRU together it has a bungee cord laced around all three sides of the trampoline. We couldn't take that one because we couldn't fit it in our car. DH finally put together the Amazon one today, there's no bungee cord at all, the mesh part is fully attached to the fabric sides, is this one defective? Does anyone else have one like this?
    How would the trampoline mesh part be flexible enough to bounce if it's attached to the frame without a bungee? We have one and it has the bungee cord. I would have to see a pic, but it sounds off to me.

We have the Amazon one. My neighbor has the bungee one that was passed down to her. My guess based on Amazon reviews is that the bungee one is being fazed out since everyone always grumbled on how difficult it was to put the bungee on.

Oh, it is super bouncy. Think of it as really thick, strong elastic instead of a bungee.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't quite picture it but it sounds like it could be safer than the bungee version if it doesn't have the little triangle sized gaps at the edges. And putting the bungee version together definitely inspired some creative curse words.

Thanks for the responses! I wasn't home when DH assembled it, so he was describing it to me. He actually called the company and the lady told him the company was bought and they did a lot of testing on it because the bungees were fraying and breaking and needed to be replaced sp they replaced the cord with a bungee mat.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleGirl View Post
    We have the Amazon one. My neighbor has the bungee one that was passed down to her. My guess based on Amazon reviews is that the bungee one is being fazed out since everyone always grumbled on how difficult it was to put the bungee on.

Oh, it is super bouncy. Think of it as really thick, strong elastic instead of a bungee.
    If this is the case, then I need to research it!! We have this one, an while the DDs love it, I am constantly afraid their foot will fall through the bungee part and make them fall. It's kept outside, so the skirt around the bottom disintegrated long ago, so the bungee part is bare.

Can you link to the one you have from Amazon?

This is one from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00264GIFO
    Same one as Target, maybe a different SKU number? I'm not sure how to tell which one you're buying.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012

We ordered it through Amazon and the picture still shows the old one. This is what it actually looks like.

And here are the sides:

I know the box we got was just brown with a picture sticker of what was inside. A box I saw at target last week was completely covered in graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeebaby08 View Post
    This is one from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00264GIFO
    Same one as Target, maybe a different SKU number? I'm not sure how to tell which one you're buying.
    Yeah, I can't figure out which one Amazon actually has. I wouldn't want to get rid of the one I have only to buy the same one!!

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleGirl View Post
    We ordered it through Amazon and the picture still shows the old one. This is what it actually looks like.

And here are the sides:

I know the box we got was just brown with a picture sticker of what was inside. A box I saw at target last week was completely covered in graphics.
    Oh, this is awesome. I like this a lot!! I have to say, ours is several years old, still on the original batteries, and still works! If the skirt hadn't fallen apart I wouldn't be having an issue with it. Much to think about.

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

we bought a jump start from tru on black friday and it does not have the bungee cords and i was thankful, according to the reviews the ones with bungee cords are very hard to put together.