Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do you put your kids clothes in the dryer? And one more question...

MIL was horrified (in a kind of joking way) to hear that I dry DD's clothes. I wash all of her clothes on cold, and then put it in the dryer. I don't dry her tights, sweaters, and dressier clothing. But her regular pants, skirts, dresses, and tees (and of course pajamas and underwear)? Into the dryer they go!! I don't dry my own tees, but DH's and DD's go straight into the dryer. If I notice something has a stain before I wash, I check to make sure it came out before putting it in the dryer so the stain doesn't set.

Do you put your kids clothes in the dryer too? One thing I am wondering- I know that tees will shrink when put in the dryer, but do they shrink more each time? Or is it just the first time? Because I have been noticing that DD seems to outgrow her clothes quickly, and now I'm wondering if they're just shrinking!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Yes, everything except delicates, in the dryer they go and can't imagine what you would do otherwise. The volume of kids clothes, far exceeds what you could hang dry at my house.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

How else am I supposed to dry them? I would hang them up but there isn't enough room in the house for an entire load of clothes and if I hang them up outside, they'll get covered in smog/soot and I'll have to wash them again???

What's your MILs issue with the dryer?

Yep - dryer! Medium (Resource Saver) or Light (delicate) setting. In warmer months, I use a drying rack outside to dry cloth diapers. But we are not allowed to use a clothes line in our HOA, so not much of a choice.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Of course I put my kids clothes in the dryer. Doing laundry cannot become something that takes over my life.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is that bad? I put everything in the dryer-- and use a lot of fabric softener sheets. I think it's b/c my mom did the the total opposite when I was growing up; she hung up everything on a clothesline. In the winter, she hangs clothes in the basement. I really do not like wearing crunchy, stiff clothes. FTR, I have not noticed any shrinkage in any of our shirts or other clothing.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I dry all kids clothes, on delicate, and nothing ever shrinks. Same with my clothes and my husband's. I line dry any of my stuff that says to do so. But the kids' stuff? If it doesn't survive the dryer, then I don't want to deal with it.

The only time I had something shrink was in college, when I accidentally washed a dry-clean only dress. Nothing shrinks when washed in cold and dried on delicate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Your MIL is kidding, right? Some days I barely have time to WASH DD's clothes. I don't know what I would do if I needed to wait 12+ hrs for them to air dry. Plus, there simply isn't room in our house to air dry all of them. I used to dry them all on low, but that took too long, so now they are dried on medium. I check items that I have spot-treated before placing them in the dryer. Delicates I air dry, although DD doesn't gave many.

Most of my own clothes and DH's clothes also go in the dryer. The exceptions are jeans and my delicates.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Old ladies can be weird about laundry. You're fine.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

i dry on low or delicate, but i definitely dry. we do so much laundry/go through so much stuff if i was washing and hanging everything my whole house would be draped with DS' stuff

i don't find it to wear anything out too much at all
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast