Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redesigned Jumpstart one

0 0%
  • Little Tikes one

0 0%
  • Other - please specify

1 100.00%
    lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Another Trampoline Question

So I wouldn't hijack the other thread, I decided to start a new one!

I have 2 DD's that are almost 6yrs and almost 2 yrs old.

We have this Jumpstart trampoline and it works just fine (despite several moves, and being out in the elements of rain, wind, sun, etc). The skirt on it fell apart and I took it off so now the bungee cords are exposed. So now I worry when my 22 month old jumps on it.

Would you buy a newer version of the same trampoline that has been redesigned without bungee cords (safer)? Really only the 22 month old jumps on this, but my 5.5 year old has TONS of energy and used this all the time - she's just a little too big for it now. Or would you get a bigger trampoline for the yard - something like this?

We also have a large bounce house that we set up periodically, but I feel that they would use a trampoline a lot more and have more fun with it.
    Last edited by lhafer; 01-05-2012 at 11:55 AM.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If the bungee cords are tight, I think it would be a big waste of money to replace it. If the bungee cords are not tight, I would just tighten them. It is still a safe trampoline.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    If the bungee cords are tight, I think it would be a big waste of money to replace it. If the bungee cords are not tight, I would just tighten them. It is still a safe trampoline.
    Nothing's wrong with the trampoline, other than it's missing the skirt.

We have the Jumpsmart and took of the skirt once and for all after it kept sliding off. It never occurred to me to be concerned.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.