Default which magna doodle for a 14 month old??

so my 14 month old DS is starting to show some interest in scribbling and doodling. I want to get him a magna doodle. Which one would you recommend for a child that age?? TIA!

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the target brand one, and I like it because the writing surface is larger. Also what about an aquadoodle?
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought the Fisher Price one at TRU when it was on sale for Black Friday for my 21-month-old DD.

She loves it.

But, she also loves crayons. I bought her the thickest Crayola brand washable crayons that I could find at Target and a pad of "marker" paper. Don't bother with the triangle shaped ones, though. If your DS is gripping things with his fist, the triangle shape will make the wrappers slide off really easily when his hand gets warm on the wax. (We have this issue at my dad's house - he bought the triangle crayons for DD to use when she visits him.)

It took us some "on the paper"/"out of your mouth" instruction/supervision with DD to make sure she didn't eat the crayons, but now she'll happily color in her high chair for about an hour. She even flips the paper over if she's used up the available space on one side. (This is not typical for any child I have ever met. My DD is very ... different.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

we have a regular size doodle board from B. Toys and a travel size from fisher price...
    DD2 plays with both (the full size has stamps), but she seems to prefer the travel size because she can pick it up and walk around with it....
    It's also nice for long car trips or popping in the diaper bag!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10