Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    andie16 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I bought a small set for my 8 y.o. dd yesterday. She was thrilled! She loves the colors and thought the new figure was quite pretty. She is a funny one in that she can be a girly girl (favorite color is pink, almost always wears dresses, etc.), but she loves lego and, unlike most girls it seems, actually likes to build for the sake of building. She generally does not play with them at all once she is done, which works out ok for our family because she will build something like the Kingdom knight castle and then my son will play with it.

Anyway, she had the set (Andrea's stage) built in no time. Then she got out her snap circuits so she could build something to play music for the concert. She wanted to make a limo, but there wasn't time. I'll be curious if she does it today.

I read this thread with interest because it doesn't seem like something like lego should have to appeal to just a boy or a girl and I had kind of mixed feelings about the "pinkification." I didn't like that the sets seemed to be easier, but in the end, I think if this is something that will inspire a girl to either stay interested, or get interested, in building then it's a good thing.
    Andrea
    dd 19
    ds 16
    dd 13

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Brickset had a link to this press release by LEGO which seems to be in response to some of the negative comments by the public:

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/PressR...le/393912.aspx

DD who is 6.5 bought 4 sets today at TRU with her christmas/report card money. I have never seen a Lego interest from her before...but she squealed when she saw them on the shelf. I think she has seen a commerical for them? Anyway she picked the treehouse, dog house, atv and the pool. Dh talked her through step by step how to build the pool. She was SOOOO proud when she was finished. They are making the ATV right now..I am super impressed with what I have seen so far. I saw the house on display at Target and loved all the details. Another couple that was looking at the house was talking about what a great idea it was to reach more girls. For us the new legos have done exactly what they hoped....bring in new customers!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9