alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Extra Magic Hours (EMH) Question

I know there is debate if it is better to go to or skip EMH due to crowds.

What is your theory on the nighttime EMH? DD will not be able to last til 10 or 1AM but is that a good park to hit since it might be slower during morning/afternoon hours?

I'm trying to figure out a game plan on which parks to hit what day and finalize ADRs and I'm having a hard time.

We are not great at getting there for RD early EMHs days.

Any advice on EMH is appreciated!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I ended up having to go to some parks with EMH, due to previous ADRs we already made (we went dec 17-23, which I guess it's common for them to make extra EMH with little notice), and I found those parks MUCH busier. The days where I was able to avoid EMH, I think that our park were less crowded. Either way, my best advice to you is to make it to rope drop. Our first day at MK, we hit rope drop and hit basically 90% of the major rides before 10am. By 11am, the park was really crowded and after lunch, it was so crowded that we did not want to be there anymore, so we left to go back to our resort. IDK when your dd's bedtime is, but my boys pretty much stuck to their bedtime for the most part, b/c they were so bushed. We never ended up going back to any of the parks after dinner time, since we were all too tired. My boys are 2, 6 and 7 yrs old.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We completely avoided parks with EMH, especially if you are not taking advantage of them you should probably do the same. Most crowd calendars say to avoid parks with EMH if you want lower crowds anytime that day.

You can find a free crowd calendar at http://easywdw.com

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you are going during an off-peak time I think it makes less of a difference. We usually try and go to the am EMH (and don't arrive right at rope drop) and have found the parks to be pretty empty. I think they tend to get more crowded for evening EMH. So what I do is try and go to AM EMH and avoid the park late in the day that has evening EMH. But I don't revolve my planning that much around them. We only go during non-peak times so I am not sure how things play out during busier weeks.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04