Default Non-Convertible Cribs

Any suggestions on where to find good quality non-convertible cribs? Everything seems to be convertible these days and I would really like a standard crib to use with future babies. I'd like something a bit nicer than Ikea. And I'm looking for a natural wood color. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm planning on getting the Muu Ray crib. It's gorgeous. But pricey (made in California, small factory, natural hardwood, etc.)
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We wanted to get a non-convertible crib too, but it seemed like all the ones we looked at and liked were convertible. I have the same idea as you -- I'd like to use this crib with future children, not buy a new crib for each child. We ended up buying a convertible crib anyways, but we just didn't buy the converter package and don't intend to ever use it for the double-bed it can become.
    Lizi

I got a non-convertible crib from JCPenney online. Perfect, since my kids are 22m apart and my toddler still loves her crib.

Here is the one we have (very happy with it):
    http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...=searchresults

Here is another:
    http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...=searchresults

Here is a link for more:
    http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx...=searchresults

I normally never shop at JCPenney, but the quality for the price could not be beaten! I think it is ridiculous to spend $500+ on a bed you are only using for around 2 years, so finding a non-convertible crib at a low price was big for me. I am glad I did too, as I know a lot of people who spent a ton of money on a convertible, only to end up needing to get another crib for their 2nd babies, or to quickly transition their toddlers into a big kid bed before they were ready.
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Mine was a Babi Italia from Albee Baby.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I have seen a few Munire non covertible cribs and some Pali Furniture non convertible cribs too. I like the non convertible look better, I am not sure that I plan on using what I pick out now forever.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have the Kendall Fixed Gate crib from Pottery Barn Kids. It does convert to a toddler bed (basically front side comes off) if you want to, but not to a full bed. Both my kids have used it and it has held up nicely and looked good in both girl and boy nurseries.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    We wanted to get a non-convertible crib too, but it seemed like all the ones we looked at and liked were convertible. I have the same idea as you -- I'd like to use this crib with future children, not buy a new crib for each child. We ended up buying a convertible crib anyways, but we just didn't buy the converter package and don't intend to ever use it for the double-bed it can become.
    We did the same, just to say it's an option you can consider. We'll be using the crib for DC2, I purchased new furniture for DS's big boy room.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

We love our Stokke Sleepi!