Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I want a v-neck sweater vest. I have one from ON that I love, and found another last fall at Macy's, but it looked almost like the one I have. Has anyone seen one?

Aside from that, I really need to consider myself DONE with my wardrobe. I'm hoping to lose some weight this year!

The Boden sweater finally made it. Just as I thought, I am not loving the cream/wheat color. It does nothing for my skin.

This is a size 6. On me, it is roomy at the waist, just right at the chest, and just right over the butt. Ideally, it would be a little more fitted at the waist, but I am worried that if I go smaller, it will really be clingy in the back.

Any thoughts? Keep, exchange for the blue/grey color in a 6 (or try sizing down and see what happens)? The striped shirt I purchased to go under (a la the model) doesn't work at all. Might be better with the blue/grey.

Here is a picture with a thin belt. The second picture is to show actual size of the garment for any who are considering it.

Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Quote Originally Posted by lmintzer View Post
    The Boden sweater finally made it. Just as I thought, I am not loving the cream/wheat color. It does nothing for my skin.

This is a size 6. On me, it is roomy at the waist, just right at the chest, and just right over the butt. Ideally, it would be a little more fitted at the waist, but I am worried that if I go smaller, it will really be clingy in the back.

Any thoughts? Keep, exchange for the blue/grey color in a 6 (or try sizing down and see what happens)? The striped shirt I purchased to go under (a la the model) doesn't work at all. Might be better with the blue/grey.

Here is a picture with a thin belt. The second picture is to show actual size of the garment for any who are considering it.

I love the shirt, but not the color on you. I've seen you in much more flattering colors. I'd exchange if they have your size.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

I am not loving cream tunic on you, I am afraid. If you like how it fits you, I'd try getting it in another color. And now you have me worried about the fit... I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last year, and have never ordered anything but tops from Boden, so not sure what size I am in tunics. Have a feeling it won't be particularly flattering on my pearshaped body. And I am not interested in having a just OK top that I hardly wear for $55. Few more days of wait...
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Thanks to both of your for honest feedback. I don't like the color on me, either. Darn pasty white skin!

I think it would look a whole lot better in another color. I am going to try the blue/grey.

If it makes you feel any better, it's super comfy and cozy without being too warm. I love the texture of the fabric, and the neck is so comfortable (unlike many turtle or cowl necks).

I hope yours works out, kozachka. I am not sure being pear shaped would necessarily make it not fit.
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

lmintzer-
    I might try to size down and order a darker color.
    I was eyeing that top/tunic too, as I want more stuff to wear with leggings.

BTW, I have very similar skin tone and hair color. Sometimes lighter beiges, creams, grays can work for me but for the most part I have to stay away from those lighter colors.
    DD
    DS

To answer OP's question, I am hoping and need to pick a pair of high-quality tailored black trousers in 3-season wool that I can wear to the office and that fit me really well. Something like these Alexander Wang wide leg pants. Hoping to pay closer to $100 but will spend more if necessary as I'd get a lot of wear out of them. My current straight black pants from All Saints (bought on sale for $75) are very loose on me now that I've lost over 10 lbs. Unfortunately, they no longer carry this style so I need to hit B&M stores and try some pants on as my two other office pants no longer fit right either.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Okay, I am going to try to size down after all. It just looks too big in the photos, even though I didn't feel like it was too big. After all, knits stretch.

Of course, now that I figure all of that out, it's gone in the size I need in the grey/blue color.

I think I could like the navy. The only problem is that I was planning to pair this tunic sweater with black leggings and black boots. What color would work?
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmintzer View Post
    Okay, I am going to try to size down after all. It just looks too big in the photos, even though I didn't feel like it was too big. After all, knits stretch.

Of course, now that I figure all of that out, it's gone in the size I need in the grey/blue color.

I think I could like the navy. The only problem is that I was planning to pair this tunic sweater with black leggings and black boots. What color would work?
    I wear navy and black together a lot. They key is finding accessories that pull the outfit together - like a cool scarf. I think a smaller size in navy would look great on you. Go for it!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Scarf for navy/black look

This one might go well with a navy and black look:

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/y...vySweater5.jpg
    Last edited by arivecchi; 01-13-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast