Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by erv917 View Post
    There's a nice store in Brookline (Coolidge Corner I believe) called Magic Beans. They have a nice selection of strollers to try out in person. I've never made any major purchases there, but I believe they are known for good customer service and being knowledgeable about baby products (much more so than a place like Babies R Us).

http://mbeans.com/
    ditto

magic beans is great, and they keep in stock what's selling - meaning, what people find useful in the area.

If your friend has option to keep stroller safely downstairs, it opens up possibilities. Most popular stroller for newborns in Boston is uppa vista and bugaboo, I'd say. There are a lot of used bugs on our CL. Once the child grows, she has other options. Some people walk everywhere, and use a bob (or similar jogging / all terrain type stroller), and get a lightweight stroller for PT, or traveling. Some only have a lightweight one. Maclarens are extremely popular, even more than g-lite and g-luxe. Baby jogger minis are also used more for older kids, that is my observation.
    That's in a nut shell. You can see all kinds of strollers here in Boston. It's fun to stroller watch here!
    North Brookline (Coolidge corner area) is similar to Cambridge (in terms of streets, small stores etc, public transportation). South Brookline is more a suburban type of thing, with more driving etc.

HTH

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank you all so much for your advice - I've passed on all of this information to her, especially the recs on the stores, and also directed her to the forums so she could see the information for herself and for any other questions that might pop up!
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

I also own a baby store on the North Shore called Hip Baby Gear, so I know Boston weather well. The BJCM is a nice stroller for an urban dweller, however if the plan is to use it in the winter to get around, I would agree that it is not the best option. The GT when it comes out may be better as it has the larger tires if they want to stay in the basic mini mode, but to go to more of an all terrain stroller would be more ideal, or even a Vista with the larger wheels, which also helps on the Boston sidewalks. While I would always love for someone to come see our store, Magic Beans and Wild Child are both great stores as well and you can easily get assisted very well there.

Happy to answer any questions.

Rick
    Hip Baby Gear

Quote Originally Posted by TxCat View Post
    Thank you all so much for your advice - I've passed on all of this information to her, especially the recs on the stores, and also directed her to the forums so she could see the information for herself and for any other questions that might pop up!

Just wanted to add that Rick is fabulous to work with - excellent customer service and very knowledgable!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2