Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you looked at the crowd calendars at www.easywdw.com. I really liked the explanations there and preferred them to touringplans.com

From a quick scan of your itinerary, I would flip-flop Days 4 & 5. DHS will be much less crowded on Day 5. Most of the parks look busy on Day 4, so you might as well rest that day instead.

Is your family interested in Star Wars? If so, DHS is hosting Star Wars weekends, and Josh at easyWDW recommends going on a Sunday (the least crowded of an extremely crowded weekend).

I don't think you need the hopper tickets, especially since you are planning to go back early each night to put the kids to bed. We had hoppers in early December and used them quite a bit, but WDW is huge, and hopping from park to park takes a long time. You can always add the hoppers at the park if you decide you need them--no need to buy them now.

I would suggest posting on the easyWDW boards for itinerary/touring plan help. The boards there are much smaller than the DIS boards but easier to navigate, and the experts there are very friendly and helpful.

Have fun!
    Mom to two spunky kids

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    Also - pay attention to late nights and rope drops. From what I hear, you need to be at dhs for rope drop for TSMM and the jedi thing.
    I have heard that you need to be super early for TSMM and the Jedi Academy (at the easyWDW boards, they talk about being early enough to be "belly-up" to the rope, that is, at the front of the rope drop crowd). I would imagine this is especially true for Star Wars Weekends.
    Mom to two spunky kids

Quote Originally Posted by spunkybaby View Post
    Have you looked at the crowd calendars at www.easywdw.com. I really liked the explanations there and preferred them to touringplans.com

From a quick scan of your itinerary, I would flip-flop Days 4 & 5. DHS will be much less crowded on Day 5. Most of the parks look busy on Day 4, so you might as well rest that day instead.

Is your family interested in Star Wars? If so, DHS is hosting Star Wars weekends, and Josh at easyWDW recommends going on a Sunday (the least crowded of an extremely crowded weekend).

I don't think you need the hopper tickets, especially since you are planning to go back early each night to put the kids to bed. We had hoppers in early December and used them quite a bit, but WDW is huge, and hopping from park to park takes a long time. You can always add the hoppers at the park if you decide you need them--no need to buy them now.

I would suggest posting on the easyWDW boards for itinerary/touring plan help. The boards there are much smaller than the DIS boards but easier to navigate, and the experts there are very friendly and helpful.

Have fun!
    Thanks for the link. I had seen that calendar before but didn't check my dates once i joined touring plan. I'll have to compare and maybe rethink. Also, I'll take a look at the boards. As I mentioned, I find disboards a bit intimidating.
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by spunkybaby View Post
    I have heard that you need to be super early for TSMM and the Jedi Academy (at the easyWDW boards, they talk about being early enough to be "belly-up" to the rope, that is, at the front of the rope drop crowd). I would imagine this is especially true for Star Wars Weekends.
    Our oldest is a Star Wars fan and would love the Jedi training....so definitely want to give it a try. Recurring theme is show up early....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For us, park hoppers are a necessity. We went to AK one day and it was so unbearably crowded and hot that we left by 12:00. We ended up going to the MK after that and having a lovely day. We hopped parks on several days (we went in December). For me, I would never consider getting non-hopper passes. That's just us though. It gives a level of flexibility that you don't otherwise have.

I also have kids with early bedtimes (8:00). We thought we would go back mid-day for my son's nap and rest, but it ended up working best for them just to do the parks all day, no return to the hotel (we were in the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga, so on property, but pretty far out). DS napped many afternoons in his stroller. Then we would head back about 6-7 in the evening.

The first day we arrived, we got to MK at about 3:00. We stayed that night to see Wishes, since we had a 6:00 ressie at Crystal Palace. Those were the only fireworks we saw all week. We also lucked out and got a front row seat outside Pecos Bill's for the Electric Parade. That was the only night it was running while we were there, and both of my DC loved it.

Try really hard to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania. My DH was at the rope at rope drop and we got passes pretty early. It was an *awesome* ride, well worth the effort My kids both loved it (3 and 6).
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2