Thread: Gas drops

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Gas drops

My baby seems to have a lot of gas I think, not sure because this is my first child so maybe this is normal! She can outburp and fart any man and her stomach is often pretty distended looking after eating. She does eat a lot (I think, again not sure what is normal!)...if I pump instead of feed I get about 4 oz per breast and she usually does a good 15 minutes on both. So would trying the gas drops be worth a try? She does seem uncomfortable at times and cries pretty hard when she poops. Do they affect the "virgin gut" that guilt tripped me into not supplementing a bottle of formula here and there??
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Try reposting this to the lounge..there's more traffic there

We used the drops for a while and they seemed to help. DD was our first and a very spitty-uppy kid. Nothing got rid of all of it, but somethings helped. I noticed when I ate certain veggies she was more gassy
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Mylicon seemed to help ds as an infant, but I think the scientific studies on this are inconclusive. Probably worth a try...I don't think it does any harm if used properly. It also helped ds for me to sit him upright on my knee after feeding and gently massage his tummy and/or move his legs...
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11