clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Disney cruise veterans...anyone do fish extender?

Trying to decide if we want to participate, which require

1. Making or buying an FE
    2. Making or buying gifts for those in the group
    3. Finding room in a suitcase for both!

Anyone participate before and have any suggestions?

We've done it, and are committed to doing it on our next cruise, but am thinking it may be our last. It can be real fun, especially when everytime you look outside of your door, or return back to your room and find lots of cool presents. It's like christmas every day! On the transatlantic cruise, it was really neat because so many in our exchange group were from other countries, it was a global gift swap with many people giving gifts to represent their country. But my work schedule has been horrible for the past year or so, with me travelling out of town almost every week and that has made getting the presents ready very difficult. I've also found that the gifts get accumulated during the cruise, a small number of them may be used, and the rest get packed to head home, and stay packed until I finally get around to unpacking the bag.

The creativity of many of the participants is incredible, and I'm always amazed at what people come up with. The practical gifts that can be used on the cruise are some of my favorites! Then you get the assortment of stuff from Oriental Trading, and it's hit and miss as to the quality and usability of some of those things.

We got a cute little FE from the lady on ebay who makes them. We used to hang it inside our house as well, as sort of a mail slot for each of us. Probably not too hard to make your own, but we just didn't have time to do so.

Our last cruise, we shipped a box containing our gifts and other things to the ship ahead of time, and that was awesome! Saved us having to haul it around, on the plane, to the first hotel, then onto the ship. Just make sure you have enough space in your luggage for things you get, or you may find yourself trying to ship stuff back home as well!
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess