Default SkipHop Dash vs. JuJuBe BFF or BeAll?

I had a Skip Hop Dash for my first little one, and it's still hanging around ready to be used again, but it's looking pretty warn and sad. I am being swayed by all you JuJuBe lovers to try one of their bags. What I love best is they can be machine washed!!!

I liked the size of the Dash, and I wouldn't want to go smaller since I'll have a baby and a three year old who has his own, mostly snack-related, needs. I've been using a big handbag for him, but it will be diaper bag time again soon. If I spring for a new one, which would you recommend?

I like the BeAll with the peace sign on it, but the BFF seems bigger. Is it? How do the BeAll and the BFF stack up to the Dash? The Dash was heavy even empty. Are the JuJuBe's similar in weight? I'd love some guidance!

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am currently obsessed with finding the right JJB bag and I've tried both the BE and the BFF. They are roughly the same size, the difference is the layout. The BeAll is more like a messenger with a flap. The BFF zips open wider and has the mommy pocket on the front, and has optional backpack straps. Personally I find the BFF easier to organize, but that's a matter of preference. I also have a Skip Hop Studio and I think the size is about the same. I haven't played with the Dash so not sure how it compares.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube to show the differences. There's almost too much info out there, I just can't seem to decide!
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a Skip Hop Dash when DD2 was born. My DD1 was 4 years old. It worked okay, but was a little small. I liked to have snacks/sippy cups etc for DD1 as well as stuff for the baby. I got a Skip Hop Versa and LOVE that thing. It's still going strong 2 years later of daily, non-gentle use.

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    I had a Skip Hop Dash when DD2 was born. My DD1 was 4 years old. It worked okay, but was a little small. I liked to have snacks/sippy cups etc for DD1 as well as stuff for the baby. I got a Skip Hop Versa and LOVE that thing. It's still going strong 2 years later of daily, non-gentle use.
    Haha.. I was just going to chime in to suggest the Versa. It is very lightweight... one of the best things about it! Aren't JJB bags usually heavy? I have a JJB Behave and while it's cute it is quite a bit heavier than most of my other bags.

I don't think the Versa is machine washable, but because mine is black and easy to spot clean, I've never had to worry about it. Lots of great pockets and in the inside is a light color so very easy to see everything.

I had the Dash and returned it, didn't like it at all.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Haha.. I was just going to chime in to suggest the Versa. It is very lightweight... one of the best things about it! Aren't JJB bags usually heavy? I have a JJB Behave and while it's cute it is quite a bit heavier than most of my other bags.
    From what I've heard the newer ones are lighter than the first generation ones. The ones I have had (as of today I'll have had a Be All, a BFF, and a Be Prepared at my house for testing) all felt light to me. The BFF is at least the same weight as my Studio, not noticeably heavier when empty.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    From what I've heard the newer ones are lighter than the first generation ones. The ones I have had (as of today I'll have had a Be All, a BFF, and a Be Prepared at my house for testing) all felt light to me. The BFF is at least the same weight as my Studio, not noticeably heavier when empty.
    I had a skip hop via with number one. I got a JuJuBe Be All for number two - I like that it's a little lighter and easily washable. I am not sure how I'll like the pockets yet, but I think it's comparable to the via/dash in size and features. I didn't love that I had to buy separate stroller clips

I also tried a BFF and couldn't get it to work for me - I didn't like the zippers over the flap, but I think that's personal preference.

I tried a skip hop versa. I wanted to love it, but I just didn't - couldn't get it to work for me...

HTH!

Is the Versa bigger than the Dash? I wish there were a store where I could see all these in person! Sometimes living in the boonies is a bummer!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Is the Versa bigger than the Dash? I wish there were a store where I could see all these in person! Sometimes living in the boonies is a bummer!
    Bigger than the dash, smaller than the studio tote. The skip hop website has the dimensions, and some pictures. There is also a thread on here somewhere where someone did a pictures of the versa.
    Last edited by lhafer; 01-16-2012 at 07:28 AM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I didn't really care for the Skip Hop bags when I was looking for a new bag with DD2. The Be All was out for me because it didn't have a zipper and that was a must for me. The BFF came out about 3 months after I bought my bag, which is a Be Spicy. I originally thought I would be fine with just a BeTween, but am glad I got a Be Spicy.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)