TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Slow cooker soup recipes?

Any good ones? I especially need recipes that can be cooked ALLL day (as in close to 12 hours).
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No idea but i'd love something too! It's getting so cold in NJ I want to make a big pot of soup!

erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I like this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-co...up/detail.aspx

I take a few shortcuts. First, I use uncooked boneless/skinless breasts rather than precooking the meat. I just shred it with a fork during the last hour or so of cooking. Second, I don't bother baking tortillas, I just crumble a few tortilla chips on top. Finally, I find it tastes better if you don't cook the cilantro the whole time--I think it's a fresher taste if you just add it in for the last hour or so, or even just sprinkle it on right before eating.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here's a great and easy white chicken chili:
    -3 boneless skinless breasts (can put in frozen or fresh or in a pinch use 2 cans of canned chicken (but I don't think canned tastes as good)
    -2 cans northern white beans
    -1 can rotel
    -1 can milk (any fat percentage works fine)
    -1 tsp cumin
    -2T dried cilantro or a bunch of fresh

Leave on low all day (or if doing frozen it's best to do high for the first hour or so then switch to low, but if you're doing 12 hours low all day should be fine).

Top with cheese, sour cream, and crushed up tortilla chips if you want. Yummy!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am intrigued by this chicken soup recipe from Pioneer Woman--she uses a whole chicken when making the soup. Some of the reviews talk about adapting it for a crockpot.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-chicken-soup/

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks everyone!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.