Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite bag?

Default Favorite bag?

I need a bag for our upcoming trip. Plan on carrying essentials only and a few small snacks...nothing big. We aren't planning on renting a stroller so this bag will be with me all the time. Looked at Baggallini but didn't see anything that I loved. Found this one from Sherpani: http://sherpani.com/sherpani-pica.aspx

It looks functional (but cute!) and durable. I didn't pull the trigger yet. Thought I'd see what some of your favorites are for taking to WDW (or any park)...anyone care to share??

Thanks!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used a diaper bag backpack and a soft sided cooler. Tucked both in the stroller basket. On my person, i kept a super small wallet w/ id, money and a CC. I ket thi s in my pocket of my cArgo skirt. Everything else, i felt comfortable keeping on the stroller and walking away from. I wAs happy not to have a bag on my person while walking around. Although if i did, i like the size you're linking too.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I used a diaper bag backpack and a soft sided cooler. Tucked both in the stroller basket. On my person, i kept a super small wallet w/ id, money and a CC. I ket thi s in my pocket of my cArgo skirt. Everything else, i felt comfortable keeping on the stroller and walking away from. I wAs happy not to have a bag on my person while walking around. Although if i did, i like the size you're linking too.
    Yes, one of the advantages of a stroller would be a place to keep all the big stuff. I'd love to just carry one of those little wallet-on-a-string type things! I *think* the boys will be ok without a stroller since we're not planning on super long days....we'll see! (That's another topic....)
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, i totally missed the part about not renting a stroller! Yes, it was like our own little sherpa. My kids are 6 and 3.5. We rented a city elite double-- max 50 lbs per child. For $90 for the week. The kids could get in and out at will, so longer stretches of walking were lesstiring. Also a good place to sit while watching parades, etc.

But, i digress. Did you check
    Tj maxx, i've seen these typles of little travel bags there regularly.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Did you check
    Tj maxx, i've seen these typles of little travel bags there regularly.
    Good suggestion....I'll check there before ordering on-line at full price. I might even see something I like better (for less $)!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

I have an Overland Donner bag for traveling. I absolutely love it!! The 2 side pockets hold water bottles, the outer flap keeps all the tickets, fast passes, anything we need to be able to get too easily. I keep the autograph books in the outer zip pocket so they're easy to get to. I'm even able to stick my DSLR and an extra lens in the main part ~ I did this last time since it was just myself and the boys and I didn't want to carry 2 bags and keep track of them.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    I have an Overland Donner bag for traveling. I absolutely love it!! The 2 side pockets hold water bottles, the outer flap keeps all the tickets, fast passes, anything we need to be able to get too easily. I keep the autograph books in the outer zip pocket so they're easy to get to. I'm even able to stick my DSLR and an extra lens in the main part ~ I did this last time since it was just myself and the boys and I didn't want to carry 2 bags and keep track of them.
    Nice bag! But I'm looking for something smaller...I most certainly could fill that up, no problem...just hoping to not lug a ton of stuff.
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

I have a fossil cross body bag I found on sale at Macy's I got for a really good price. Its leather and has a front zipper part that holds your credit cards etc. I haven't used it at Disney (we're planning our trip for April) but it worked just great at grown up's disney (Las Vegas). You might want to see if there is anything on sale at Macy's plus they always have those coupons to save another 20%.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not a bag recommendation...but I borrowed my friend's ScotteVest and loved how I could use it to go "bagless" and skip the bag check!
    Mom to two spunky kids

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by spunkybaby View Post
    Not a bag recommendation...but I borrowed my friend's ScotteVest and loved how I could use it to go "bagless" and skip the bag check!
    I want one of those jackets! How cool! Was it heavy to wear with the pockets loaded up?
    mommy to DD 1/07

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast