Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite bag?

Quote Originally Posted by spunkybaby View Post
    Not a bag recommendation...but I borrowed my friend's ScotteVest and loved how I could use it to go "bagless" and skip the bag check!
    Nice! I'd love one of those! (We're going in May so too warm for vest....)
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    I have an Overland Donner bag for traveling. I absolutely love it!! The 2 side pockets hold water bottles, the outer flap keeps all the tickets, fast passes, anything we need to be able to get too easily. I keep the autograph books in the outer zip pocket so they're easy to get to. I'm even able to stick my DSLR and an extra lens in the main part ~ I did this last time since it was just myself and the boys and I didn't want to carry 2 bags and keep track of them.
    a HUGE I was just going to post about this very bag. It is my everyday purse too (I have a 3 year old, so I'm always toting stuff for him.) The main pocket can just hold an iPad lengthwise, but it does't feel like a huge/tall bag. It's kind of amazing what it holds, really. It is the best purse I've had in years. REI carries some of their (overland equipment's) smaller bags, but I've not seen a donner model in-store. I've had mine almost a year, and it still looks awesome.

ETA: they make several smaller bags. The donner does not feel that big when you wear it, I will say. The Bayliss would be smaller, and I think I've seen it at REI.
    Last edited by larig; 01-13-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I also have to say the Donner was great for our WDW trip last year. It was the only bag I brought and always had it on me. Easily held each kid's water bottle, some snacks, etc and is small enough that I wasn't bothered by it at all.

I also have the Placer bag from Overland. It holds not nearly enough for me to have as my WDW bag but is more my everyday summer bag for wallet, epipens, small container of sunscreen, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by larig View Post
    a HUGE I was just going to post about this very bag. It is my everyday purse too (I have a 3 year old, so I'm always toting stuff for him.) The main pocket can just hold an iPad lengthwise, but it does't feel like a huge/tall bag. It's kind of amazing what it holds, really. It is the best purse I've had in years. REI carries some of their (overland equipment's) smaller bags, but I've not seen a donner model in-store. I've had mine almost a year, and it still looks awesome.

ETA: they make several smaller bags. The donner does not feel that big when you wear it, I will say. The Bayliss would be smaller, and I think I've seen it at REI.
    Love all the Overland bags, especially the Bayliss but wondering if it would be big enough...I'm also wondering if the Donner would be too big! LOL!

For those who love the Donner, did you carry it with you all day or did it hang out in a stroller? We won't have a stroller so it will be on me all day....

Thanks!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    I also have to say the Donner was great for our WDW trip last year. It was the only bag I brought and always had it on me. Easily held each kid's water bottle, some snacks, etc and is small enough that I wasn't bothered by it at all.

I also have the Placer bag from Overland. It holds not nearly enough for me to have as my WDW bag but is more my everyday summer bag for wallet, epipens, small container of sunscreen, etc.
    The Placer is a cute, little bag!

So did you carry the Donner all day at the parks or did it hang out in a stroller? Would love to hear that you carried it all day and it was comfy.
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

I have a Donner. It was my everyday purse/diaper bag when ds was a toddler. I carried it at parks. etc and felt it was comfortable. It is nicely organized and the bag itself is lightweight. Most of the weight is if you put two water bottles in it. . . .

(We had a stroller and an infant at WDW so I used a skip hop diaper bag there.)

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I have a Donner. It was my everyday purse/diaper bag when ds was a toddler. I carried it at parks. etc and felt it was comfortable. It is nicely organized and the bag itself is lightweight. Most of the weight is if you put two water bottles in it. . . .

(We had a stroller and an infant at WDW so I used a skip hop diaper bag there.)

Catherine
    Thanks for the review. I'm seriously considering the Donner but its just a *tad* larger than I was hoping for. I still have lots of time to decide though....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    Love all the Overland bags, especially the Bayliss but wondering if it would be big enough...I'm also wondering if the Donner would be too big! LOL!

For those who love the Donner, did you carry it with you all day or did it hang out in a stroller? We won't have a stroller so it will be on me all day....

Thanks!

I carried it all day. I put everything that I wanted to keep with me in this bag. A couple of days we rented a stroller for Ds2 and I brought a spare bag with sweatshirts/ponchos/etc that stayed with the stroller. It's a very lightweight bag and was comfortable to wear. I usually use very small clutches (phone, lip gloss, $$) for every day use and this bag never felt too big.
    Last edited by billysmommy; 01-13-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I carried a donner at the parks all day when we went, and it was my regular purse post diapers. I don't feellike it is a big bag at all. Try to see it in person at Rei.

Otherwise the baggalini (sp?) used to be popular onthe disboards, but I am not familiar with it.

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    The Placer is a cute, little bag!

So did you carry the Donner all day at the parks or did it hang out in a stroller? Would love to hear that you carried it all day and it was comfy.
    I carried it all day. We brought strollers but used them primarily for the walk through the parking lot and parked it for the day unless the kids totally broke down. I actually carried the Donner bag daily for about 2+ years (was my post diaper bag) and it has never been burdensome for me. I still choose that bag when we are out for a day at the zoo or museum or similar since it is easy to wear and holds what my crew needs for the day (water bottles, sunscreen, etc).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast