Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite bag?

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    I carried it all day. I put everything that I wanted to keep with me in this bag. A couple of days we rented a stroller for Ds2 and I brought a spare bag with sweatshirts/ponchos/etc that stayed with the stroller. It's a very lightweight bag and was comfortable to wear. I usually use very small clutches (phone, lip gloss, $$) for every day use and this bag never felt too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    I carried a donner at the parks all day when we went, and it was my regular purse post diapers. I don't feellike it is a big bag at all. Try to see it in person at Rei.

Otherwise the baggalini (sp?) used to be popular onthe disboards, but I am not familiar with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    I carried it all day. We brought strollers but used them primarily for the walk through the parking lot and parked it for the day unless the kids totally broke down. I actually carried the Donner bag daily for about 2+ years (was my post diaper bag) and it has never been burdensome for me. I still choose that bag when we are out for a day at the zoo or museum or similar since it is easy to wear and holds what my crew needs for the day (water bottles, sunscreen, etc).
    Thanks, Ladies! Very helpful to know you carried the Donner all day and didn't find it to be a burden. No REI close by so I may order it from Zappos since I can return for free....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    Thanks, Ladies! Very helpful to know you carried the Donner all day and didn't find it to be a burden. No REI close by so I may order it from Zappos since I can return for free....
    You can get them from Amazon and eBags for much less. Both have free returns also.

Quote Originally Posted by rolypoly27 View Post
    You can get them from Amazon and eBags for much less. Both have free returns also.
    Good to know....I'm searching for deals right now. Thanks!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

I'm an Amazon Prime member....I've never returned anything to Amazon ever. Do they make it simple like Zappos? I'm loading up my cart with some bags to try....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Ok....I ordered the Donner "special edition" bag - it is actually a tiny bit smaller than the regular Donner bag. (isn't that silly?) You have to look at the specs closely. ( I preferred the poppy color which happens to be the special edition, so it all worked out. ) If anyone cares, regular Donner is 11x9.5x7 and SE version is 10x7.5x5 - which I think is totally perfect! I promise to report back!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amandabea View Post
    I want one of those jackets! How cool! Was it heavy to wear with the pockets loaded up?
    No, it was fine. I like how the weight is distributed rather than having straps digging into my shoulders. I ended up buying a ScotteVest for home use too. It's so nice to have multiple pockets and not to have to carry a bag all the time!
    Mom to two spunky kids

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I typically only carry a wristlet due to my bad back. I used the donner without any problem. I did buy a black version because it was on sale, but it was neutral enough my DH didn't mind holding it if needed.

the donner reminds me, from the pics, of my lands end little tripper or whatever the small diaper bag was called.... i will dig mine out for the trip, anyone confirm??
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy
    Cancer survivor!!!! No Evidence of Disease, now and forever!!!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kochh2 View Post
    the donner reminds me, from the pics, of my lands end little tripper or whatever the small diaper bag was called.... i will dig mine out for the trip, anyone confirm??
    I was just looking at it and that is what it looks like to me too!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Question for the Donner bag owners. I was looking at the Bayliss has spots to put in credit cards so you wouldn't need a wallet. Does the Donner have that too. I looked on the company's website but it doesn't have many photos.
    Thanks
    Inside of the Bayliss:
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast