Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 bjcm

Default 2012 bjcm

So I was at the store the other day and saw the 2012 BJCM. Have to say, didn't really notice too much of a difference between it and the 2011. My phone camera wasn't working so I didn't get pics (I will if I get back there). I didn't notice a significant change in the basket, even though I know they changed it. the white piping was nice, but no biggie IMO, and it didn't look like there was any more headroom (was there supposed to be)?
    So I guess my point is, if you're thinking about waiting for the 2012, I'd save $50+ and get the 2011

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It's out already? I don't think there is any changes in seat or headroom size-- that's only the GT. The only differences I'm aware of is they curved the back bar for better basket access and got rid of the gray two-toned seat.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    It's out already? I don't think there is any changes in seat or headroom size-- that's only the GT. The only differences I'm aware of is they curved the back bar for better basket access and got rid of the gray two-toned seat.
    Oh, that makes sense - i was thinking of the gt. Ya, it was definitely at the BBB I was at (I was surprised to see it - I thought it wasn't coming till Feb, but that might be the gt also I'm thinking of) - I knew right away because of the white piping on the black stroller, and the basket was slightly different - it was meshy on the sides rather than opaque but the back didn't look "that" much more curved than the old back. Oh, and the tag said 2012 $249
    Seeing it next to the 2011, the differences really looked minimal.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm curious as to whether BBB will be getting any "exclusive" colors again this year. I am seriously tempted to buy the black & fuschia from Albee since it's such a great price ($100 less than the 2012s!) The black/blue is nice too. I like that they don't have the gray & they're not as common as the other colors. I don't think the changes are really worth the money either. Now the GT is another story-- the forever air tires & adjustable handlebar were on my wish list. But the colors seem so blah! Maybe they will come out w/new ones in 2013.
    Last edited by Kaylee31; 01-12-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

There is also the automatic lock when folded on the 2012. The seat is supposed to be deeper too.
    My favorite things right now are my Uppababy G-Lite, B-Ready, Puddle Jumper,
    Boulevard 70

Hi,

The 2012 City Mini isn't coming until March, definitely isn't out yet unless a store has a pre-production model somehow.

2012 seat is 1" deeper with more bottom support, leg rest is 1/2" longer, there's an auto-lock on the fold, and the rear cross-bar is curved for easier basket access.
    Heather
    Owner, PeppyParents

I am so happy that BJ is adding automatic locks. That's the one thing I really disliked about my BJCE.

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by love-pink View Post
    There is also the automatic lock when folded on the 2012.
    Is this true for the BJCMD, too? B/c that right there would convince me to wait for the 2012.

Oh, and the GT double?
    Last edited by bw52; 01-13-2012 at 09:59 PM.

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Funny I love that it doesn't have an auto lock.

Quote Originally Posted by PeppyParents View Post
    Hi,

The 2012 City Mini isn't coming until March, definitely isn't out yet unless a store has a pre-production model somehow.

2012 seat is 1" deeper with more bottom support, leg rest is 1/2" longer, there's an auto-lock on the fold, and the rear cross-bar is curved for easier basket access.
    This definitely had white piping trim and a different basket with the curved bar. And the tag said 2012 with a price of $249. I may get back to the store this week and then I'll take a picture to post. I just assumed they came out earlier...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast