Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 bjcm

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmmm. Do the 2011s have a (less) curved bar in the back? I took DS to BBB about 2 weeks ago to see how he fit in one and it had a curved bar. I assumed it was a 2011 model, but I was more interested with how it pushed and felt for DS, so I didn't look too closely at the model or the price tag.

I asked Baby Jogger on their FB page about when the 2012 BJCMs were coming out and they said February.

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liamsmom View Post
    Hmmm. Do the 2011s have a (less) curved bar in the back? I took DS to BBB about 2 weeks ago to see how he fit in one and it had a curved bar.
    Yes, they curved the bar and switched to the mesh-sided basket for 2011...2012 turns bar into a deeper U curve. Not sure if they changed the basket again or not.

Curious to know if they're out---we skipped the BJCM b/c our store also said late Feb/March (and we needed the more accessible basket in the 2012), but I would have considered early Jan! Maybe they had one for pre-orders?

Quote Originally Posted by lorinick View Post
    Funny I love that it doesn't have an auto lock.
    Why would you love not having a lock? Maybe it's different with the Mini, but with the BJCE it's like the entire fold is pretty pointless because it just falls open. Makes it much more difficult to carry around than it would be with a lock.

ETA: Does anybody know when the Versa is now due to be released? There still seems to be almost no information around so I'm thinking the February date must have been pushed back??

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Our local store said April with a big "MAYBE" on the Versa, and Baby Jogger Facebook page now says "late spring to early summer." So at least I don't feel too bad about not waiting for that one...

I have no idea - the store is about 35 minutes from me, so I don't know if I'll get back there to take pics. I feel like I know BJCMs well enough to know the difference (the basket was meshy on the sides rather than solid, the black fabric had white piping, there was a curved back, oh and the tag said 2012 on it).
    I could call the store and ask them I suppose....

ETA - I just looked at SQs rollout again, and it was definitely the black 2012 I saw. I have no idea why the store had it or if they even had any in stock to sell. I can call later today. If I end up near there again, I'll take pictures. FWIW - I didn't think the basket seemed that much better than my 2011's basket...
    Last edited by poohbear; 01-14-2012 at 09:41 AM.

So I was running errands at Target and Marshalls today and stopped in at BBB since it is oh so conveniently located between the the two stores in the same strip mall. They had a 2012 and a 2011. It was a 2011 that I played around with a few weeks ago. The seat on the 2012 is noticeably deeper (at least in person) and there is better access to the basket. It looks like the baskets are the same size but the 2012 is better angled for access, has the transparent mesh sides and the lower curved bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Why would you love not having a lock? Maybe it's different with the Mini, but with the BJCE it's like the entire fold is pretty pointless because it just falls open. Makes it much more difficult to carry around than it would be with a lock.
    My guess is it's easier to take the BJCM in and out of a car trunk without a lock to fiddle with. I had a BJCC and I agree that something of that size and weight would really benefit from a lock so you could have a good hold of it. I HATED trying to fit my BJCC into the trunk of my car. The wheels stuck out so far that it wasn't all that compact once it was in the car. Folding it was easy, but then it was a real struggle to hold on to it to move it anywhere. The BJCM seems more like a true one-handed stroller.

My guess is it's easier to take the BJCM in and out of a car trunk without a lock to fiddle with. I had a BJCC and I agree that something of that size and weight would really benefit from a lock so you could have a good hold of it. I HATED trying to fit my BJCC into the trunk of my car. The wheels stuck out so far that it wasn't all that compact once it was in the car. Folding it was easy, but then it was a real struggle to hold on to it to move it anywhere. The BJCM seems more like a true one-handed stroller.
    Yeah, everyone raved about the BJ fold before I bought my BJCE so I couldn't believe that I *hated* the fold. Could be good for car use, but awful for public transport because of the lack of lock.

The Versa looks lovely and locks automatically. I can't wait to play with one!

The BJCE now has a lock...I wouldn't really say it "auto-locks" though. I still have to compress the stroller to get it to lock.

So I was running errands at Target and Marshalls today and stopped in at BBB since it is oh so conveniently located between the the two stores in the same strip mall. They had a 2012 and a 2011. It was a 2011 that I played around with a few weeks ago. The seat on the 2012 is noticeably deeper (at least in person) and there is better access to the basket. It looks like the baskets are the same size but the 2012 is better angled for access, has the transparent mesh sides and the lower curved bar.

Thank you for taking pictures and posting - I knew I wasn't crazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast