Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default "Burning" feeling?

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.....I'm 34 weeks pregnant, and for the past couple days, I've experienced a sensation just to the right of my belly button....it runs from my groin to a bit above my belly button, and the only way I can think to describe it is as a burning sensation. I don't feel it all the time, but frequently throughout the day (and it lasts for 30 minutes to a couple hours....it's not like the short sharp twinges of round ligament pain I've already experienced). I'm thinking this is probably just "growing pains" as my uterus keeps expanding, but just wondering if anyone else has felt this! TIA!
    Lizi

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

If I am reading your post right, I had this in PG1 and now again in PG3 although for me it happens at the top of my uterus, right below my breasts. It is a combination of burning but, for me, it also feels numb or funny if it touch it, like my cheek or lip after a shot of novocain at the dentist. Mine is now pretty much constant.

I was really worried in PG1 that it might never go away, because it was really uncomfortable to me. It took a few weeks but eventually subsided. Fingers crossed it will again.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I haven't felt that exactly but have had ligament pain that is burning and constant and not just a sharp stab as it was earlier on (I am 31 weeks). If it happens while you are up and moving around I would guess ligament pain.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies! It's a weird thing being pregnant the first time and not knowing what "normal" feels like!
    Lizi