Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What Nipples Will Fit Evenflo Glass Bottles

I think I want to get Evenflo Glass Bottles. I would also like to try a variety of nipples to see what works for our baby when s/he comes.

I have found some Amazon reviews and scattered internet threads that touch on this topic, but I am not too sure that the products described in ~2008 correlate to the products available now.

Would I be correct in assuming most Evenflo nipples would fit the Evenflo glass bottles?

What else works really well -- and did you need any additional pieces to make it work?

(After seeing how many pieces comprise Dr. Brown's bottles, I am suddenly unsure if I just need bottles and nipples, or additional pieces.)

Thanks in advance. I am new to researching this, and this is my first pregnancy. So all tips are MUCH appreciated!

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We used Dr. Brown's nipples on Evenflo bottles. That was three years ago but I sincerely doubt that the size of the bottle/nipples have changed.

ijopint is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I used Nuk brand- the ortho ones for the evenflo bottles with no problem.

Good to hear!

Do you just substitute the NUK nipples for Evenflo? Is there any need to swap out the collar or any other piece of the Evenflo bottle for one that is compatible with the NUK nipples?
    Last edited by historybird; 01-13-2012 at 08:29 AM.

On Dr. Brown bottles: Did you use the whole system, or just the nipples?

The Baby Bargain book indicated that one might have to cut the clear cute shorter. Was that your experience?

*clear cute=clear tube

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by historybird View Post
    On Dr. Brown bottles: Did you use the whole system, or just the nipples?

The Baby Bargain book indicated that one might have to cut the clear cute shorter. Was that your experience?
    I just used the Dr. Brown nipples with the Evenflo bottles and lids/caps. I didn't cut anything so I'm not sure what you're talking about. It worked fine. I used the Dr. Brown nipples b/c that's what my child preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by ciw View Post
    I just used the Dr. Brown nipples with the Evenflo bottles and lids/caps. I didn't cut anything so I'm not sure what you're talking about. It worked fine. I used the Dr. Brown nipples b/c that's what my child preferred.
    I am referring not the nipple, but the venting system that is generally used with the nipples. It has 2 or 3 pieces, one of which is a long tube. The newest edition of the Baby Bargains books mentions that the nipple and venting system from Dr. Brown will fit on Evenflo glass bottles, but that the tube may need to be trimmed.

Just wondering how this has worked out for people.

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ciw View Post
    We used Dr. Brown's nipples on Evenflo bottles. That was three years ago but I sincerely doubt that the size of the bottle/nipples have changed.
    This exactly!

I did not like the Evenflo nipples or the Dr. Brown's bottles.
    We also used and really liked the Munchkin glass bottles, but I do not know if they are still available.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

Nuk, Evenflo, Medela nipples all fit with the Evenflo bottle and ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast