Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default List all the Baskets / Bins you've used in the Expedit

This might be slightly redundant, but I know it'd help me...

Please list all the Baskets / Bins you've used for your Expedit !

I know these are some popular ones:

1) Container Store Sweater Boxes

2) Container Store Shoe Boxes

3) Sterilite Tall Ultra Basket

Please add yours.

thanks for indulging me!!!
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here is a really great thread if you haven't seen it: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=338539

I've been using the fabric bins from Target (sorry, I can't remember the name!) for a couple of years, and I'm really happy with them.

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got a bunch of small boxes at the dollar tree with hinged lids. I can fit 4 to a cubby (2 stacks of 2)

They look similar to this but much smaller:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...White/17011394

I have also seen the small ones at walmart but can't find them online. I think they are more like $2 each there.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    I got a bunch of small boxes at the dollar tree with hinged lids. I can fit 4 to a cubby (2 stacks of 2)

They look similar to this but much smaller:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...White/17011394

I have also seen the small ones at walmart but can't find them online. I think they are more like $2 each there.
    Thanks! I did not realize these fit in there too. If there the same ones I'm thinking of, I did see those and yes, they are 96cents!
    Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberley View Post
    Here is a really great thread if you haven't seen it: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=338539

I've been using the fabric bins from Target (sorry, I can't remember the name!) for a couple of years, and I'm really happy with them.
    Yes I have seen that first thread you mentioned, which is where I got the ideas for the 3 I mentioned. I still am yet to actually own the expedit myself. (Getting it this weekend)!

I think the bins from Target are called ITSO.

I also know the Drona bins from IKEA work too.

But the CS thread got me thinking - and it would be great to find some smaller, sweater-like bins (CS) that have lids and can be double-stacked.
    Thanks for your time!

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are Drona the cheap fabric ones? I've used those, but don't like them. They are in my closet now. I have the Branas baskets in one, some CS sweater ones, CS multi-purpose bins, CS accessory boxes, some cheapy Sterlite or Rubbermade latching ones from Target, some wood ones that DH made, some random baskets from BBB, whatever the metal boxes from Ikea are called, and the green cardboard ones from Ikea.

The Branas baskets and CS sweater boxes are used for toys, games and puzzles. I like the baskets, but sometimes the bottoms fall out on DS1 which is frustrating. I like the sweater boxes, but you have to pull both out-you can't slide the top one off b/c of the lip. That can be tricky for DS1, and they've fallen more than once. They're also kind of thin. They've mostly held up well, but one lid did crack a little on us.

LOVE the Multi-purpose bins. They really are perfect for workbooks and paper, and I can't criticize them at all. I could even see using them for small toys. The accessory ones are also nice- they are like a 1/2 size shoe box.

The metal and cardboard are crap- they can't handle anything but the most gentle treatment.

The wooden ones I have in my craft room for heavy, bulky stuff. I didn't think a basket could handle some of it. They are fine, but extremely heavy, even though the wood is thin.

The best advice I can give anyone who is figuring out what to buy is to collect all of the stuff you plan on storing, and sort it out the way you want to have it in the Expedit, then figure out which containers will work the best. Think about who is going to use the stuff, how easy the containers will be for the person to use, and what kind of durability you'll need.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

I'm using the Itso Large fabric storage bins from Target. Fit perfectly.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot...s=Itso%20khaki
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

Sorry double post.
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

These are definitely our favorites

multipurpose bins in various sizes

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    These are definitely our favorites

multipurpose bins in various sizes
    Talk to me about the multipurpose bins for toys- what exactly do you use them for? I can't picture anything but art supplies, coloring books, etc.....
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast