Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. My very eloquent and amazing aunt wrote letters to her children and grandchildren, etc. and then a letter that was handed out at her memorial to all attendees that was very touching. I still get teary thinking about the content of the letter 8 years later. My parents keep their letter framed next to her picture.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

I just want to say that I'm so, so sorry for what you are going through. My heart is breaking for you and your family. You are in my prayers.

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I am so sorry. Not the same, but I have lost my grandparents. I have a bottle opener that was my grandfather's. He used to let us sneak soda from glass bottles when we visited. I love using that bottle opener because it reminds me of how he indulged us. I also like that it is virtually indestructible so I can use it all the time without worrying about breaking it. So perhaps tangible objects that you have used and your children can keep and use as well.

Catherine

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sad to read this. You're such a great advocate for your son!

I don't mean to be crass, but do you have the time to go on a great family trip, or is this something more imminent?
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

You have received some wonderful suggestions and I send my best wishes and prayers as you make this difficult journey.

The only thing I would suggest if you can is to also think of what you want to leave for your DH. A letter, video, or photo album perhaps just for him. My BFF just lost her DH and he left her with a letter of encouragement/joyful remembrances/suggestions for the kids. He also talked in the letter about her dating and finding love again.

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sste View Post
    Eilily, pp have great ideas. I have nothing to add except that you HAVE left a legacy already. Nothing is more important than early childhood. Your children are on the right path and will have the benefits of a wonderful, nurturing start their whole lives. That is quite a legacy.
    I'm not eloquent at all, and I am honestly stunned by your post - I had no idea you were ill. Your children are your legacy. You have done so much for your son and your kids will always remember your love.

Thinking of you and your family.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i don't really have any suggestions, just want to say i'm so, so sorry for what you and your family are going through. you are in my thoughts.

I am so sorry. I admire your strength. My DH lost his mom when he was an early teen. He wishes he had more pictures of her and of the two of them. She was very sick for a few years so would not allow pictures, and prior to her illness, she was the one behind the camera. DH says now he wouldn't care if she was sick in the pictures, at least it would be a picture of the two of them.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so, so sorry. You have done so much already, and there are some wonderful ideas here.

I would also say special recipes or family recipes. They may not seem important now, but will be when they are older. And lots of pictures, my mom did not like having her pic taken and I wish we had more with her. She did have a lot taken with the kids in her last few years though.

My mom passed away when I was older, but I often wish I knew more about when I was little (stuff that a mom would remember!) - like, "oh you used to do the same thing as your DD!" type things.

Good luck to you and your family. I cannot possibly begin to imagine. P&PT to you all.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast