Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    There are urban legends of old folks going to see O, which is the sex related and half naked one.
    I spent last week in Vegas and saw O. There is nothing sex related in it. It's in my opinion the best Cirque du Soliel show. It is like La Reve, done in water and air. I liked it better than La Reve. O is at Bellagio

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

'o' isn't the sex related one. that's 'zumanity'. 'o' *should* be the sex-related one's name, but it's not!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Quote Originally Posted by karstmama View Post
    'o' isn't the sex related one. that's 'zumanity'. 'o' *should* be the sex-related one's name, but it's not!
    Yep! Zumanity is the naughty one. I saw it with my girlfriends, and then afterwards thought.. what the heck was I thinking? I should have waited for my husband and seen that with him!

When we were there, there was a newlywed couple in the front row with their parents. They got picked on by the performers, and were handed sex toys and other props, all with their parents sitting by and watching.... I wondered what they were thinking bringing their parents to that show!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    I second all the recommendations above. I would also rent a car. Cabs get expensive and car rentals are so cheap. The last time we went it was $20 a day or less. I would check out trip advisor and put up a post for good nightlife for thirty somethings.
    Wouldn't parking eat up any savings of taxis? Divided by 3, cab fare shouldn't be that bad, right? I plan to do a lot of walking and the monorail too.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Get tickets to see La Reve at the Wynn. It seriously blew my mind. It is similar to Cirque, but half of it is underwater. There is a pool at the bottom, and there are platforms that rise out of it and then dissapear so the performers dive down into it. The theatre is amazing, it's in a big circle and you really can't get a bad seat (well, actually I would suggest sitting higher up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbl-G...eature=related

The Wynn site was acting wonky, so I didn't link, but I found a short video so you can get an idea. It was outstanding!

We were there recently, DH wanted to see Hoover Dam (I thought it was a snoozefest, but DH wanted to see it). You could do that if that interests you, or do a day trip to see the Grand Canyon if you have never seen it.

We didn't gamble much, either. I like to walk around, see the different hotels. If you've never seen Ceasar's Palace, it's a must see! I am annoyed I didn't walk into the Cosmopolitan... I've been wanting to check it out.

Oh, and hop on the Deuce Bus (actually, if your goal is to do alot of walking around the Vegas.. get a day pass). You can take the Deuce all the way down to Freemont Street (the Old Vegas - where you can see the light show and lots of interesting people watching)

ETA: I just realized you guys are not there for very long... I wouldn't see Grand Canyon then, it will eat up your entire day. When I went for a short girls' weekend a couple of years ago, we made sure to see one good show, do lots of walking around during the day/hang out at the pool.... and went dancing at night.
    t
    That is pretty much my plan! Where did you go dancing?

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Wouldn't parking eat up any savings of taxis? Divided by 3, cab fare shouldn't be that bad, right? I plan to do a lot of walking and the monorail too.
    I actually thought parking was free, but I could be remembering wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    I actually thought parking was free, but I could be remembering wrong.
    I'm imagining parking at hotels, maybe even using valets? I have no idea. I really would rather not add on the cost or hassle of a car though I appreciate the advice! I like the flexibility that taxis can offer (especially wrt to having a few drinks ).

I'm imagining parking at hotels, maybe even using valets? I have no idea. I really would rather not add on the cost or hassle of a car though I appreciate the advice! I like the flexibility that taxis can offer (especially wrt to having a few drinks ).
    We used to go to Vegas a lot, and valet parking is free except for tips. There is also self park. This is true of every hotel in Vegas I stayed at, and I've stayed at a lot of Vegas hotels.

If you want to go hiking or check out other parts of Vegas or NV, you need a car. But if you're staying on the strip, cabs/walking works fine. Don't let them take you on the freeway from/to the airport, it's a rip off, it adds about $15 to your trip.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 01-22-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

t
    We went to Pure last time I was there for a bachelorette party.
    DD
    DS

t
    The club in Planet Hollywood. We were walking around and some guy handed us VIP tickets which included free drinks. They were having a movie premier that night, so it was kind of cool. There wasn't anything really different/exciting about that particular club, but we had fun dancing. I don't remember where we went dancing the night after that.

I think if promoters see single women walking around, they try and get them into their club. We were handed tickets to a few clubs while in Vegas. Funny enough, when I was there recently with DH, no one gave us tickets to anything! lol.

Oh, forgot to mention, have breakfast (or late night dessert) at The Sugar Factory in Paris. SO GOOD!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast