div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Are Costco Travel deals really deals?

I'm overwhelmed trying to plan any travel with 2 little ones. I see Costco travel deals all the time, but am not sure if people really find these to be the best deals. Any BTDT?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just finished planning a get away with my friends and I felt pretty penned in with their options. I found Southwest Airlines Vacations to offer much better deals with a lot more flexibility. If your travel parameters really fit with Costco (# of days you want to go, how much extra your departure city may cost, date ranges, fees for extra people...) then I think they do have good deals.

I think Costco Travel deals are just ok. I can get similar pricing, if not better on my own. So, I have yet to purchase from them.

Maybe you can choose a couple of Costco travel deals and make your own adjustments and see how the price compares.

We have used Costco travel for most of our international trips. We used it for French Polynesia, Australia, France, Grand cayman, and some of our trip to Italy. The Costco travel deals were incredible, and the quality of the excursions and hotels was awesome. I have not found the same to be true for domestic travel - can definitely book cheaper on our own. Even when we have booked our entire trip with costco, We also have generally booked our airfare separate bc we have found better prices than Costco on airfare.

mjrwe is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

we use them for travel to hawaii, however we travel with miles so we only book hotel + car through them.

I do shop around and have always found them to be a good deal for the luxury or one class under level hotels (grand wailea, hyatt, fairmont, etc) once you add in the costco package perks like comped resort fees, resort credit, buffet breakfast, dining credit etc. They can be beat if you are only interested in condo style accommodations and no add ons.

Same with disney - we always stay in the disney resorts anyways so the prices are the same as the disney website but they include a character meal and gift card plus the usual package things like a pin/lanyard, and character call. It doesn't end up being a huge savings but disney unless you can get some sort of group rate there are rarely ways to get a better deal on disney resorts so the add ins make it better.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mjrwe View Post
    we use them for travel to hawaii, however we travel with miles so we only book hotel + car through them.

I do shop around and have always found them to be a good deal for the luxury or one class under level hotels (grand wailea, hyatt, fairmont, etc) once you add in the costco package perks like comped resort fees, resort credit, buffet breakfast, dining credit etc. They can be beat if you are only interested in condo style accommodations and no add ons.

Same with disney - we always stay in the disney resorts anyways so the prices are the same as the disney website but they include a character meal and gift card plus the usual package things like a pin/lanyard, and character call. It doesn't end up being a huge savings but disney unless you can get some sort of group rate there are rarely ways to get a better deal on disney resorts so the add ins make it better.
    we use them for disney resort hotels, car rentals and high quality, international resorts/hotels. I've always found better airfare, than they offer.