Default knob lock for french doors?

I need to babyproof a closet with french doors that just pull open, they don't latch shut. I had been hanging a mesh laundry bag with a fairly tight handle over the two knobs, but DD makes quick work of that (she's giving up her nap and just having "quiet time"--hardy har har--in her room), and she's getting in there and going through everything in her drawers, pulling clothes off the rack, just wreaking havoc in general. I need to keep her out. I'm thinking something along the lines of those gadgets that hook around the 2 knobs of cabinets, but those aren't big enough for two regular size knobs of french doors. Today I wrapped some kitchen string around the two knobs and tied a tight knot, but I'll have to cut it off with scissors, so, not really sustainable. I haven't found anything in baby stores for this... is it that uncommon of a problem? Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Elastic bands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not sure I could get an elastic band the right tightness that I can get it off but she can't. Plus, I would be afraid if she messed with it enough and it broke it could pop off and hit her in the eye or something.

Thanks for the links. I have that first one for the fridge, and it doesn't extend out far enough to cover both knobs. I made the same assumption about the second and fourth links, because they are made for cabinets, not doors. The third one is a possibility. I actually just found this one and ordered it, so hopefully it will work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

It looks like that cord is long enough that it could extend out far enough. Fingers crossed. Thanks again!
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have one of these and really like it. Two of these could be nice with the french doors because it would allow you to easily open one door at a time.

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Proof-De...f=pd_sim_ba_16

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    I'm not sure I could get an elastic band the right tightness that I can get it off but she can't. Plus, I would be afraid if she messed with it enough and it broke it could pop off and hit her in the eye or something.

Thanks for the links. I have that first one for the fridge, and it doesn't extend out far enough to cover both knobs. I made the same assumption about the second and fourth links, because they are made for cabinets, not doors. The third one is a possibility. I actually just found this one and ordered it, so hopefully it will work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

It looks like that cord is long enough that it could extend out far enough. Fingers crossed. Thanks again!
    Those look awesome! Report back and let us know how they worked over door knobs... they seem so multi-functional