Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Want a new umbrella stroller

Hoping for some help here from the stroller ladies.... I have the 2010 Uppa GLuxe and am thinking of selling it for something else. What I like about it the most and what I need in another umbrella is how lightweight it is. I want to keep the umbrella as light as possible.

Here's what I don't like about it:

- The seat is not deep at all (from back of seat to front edge). I feel like DC will fall out of it.

- When DC leans forward, the back moves forward with DC which doesn't seem very safe. I'd like a stroller that won't allow DC to lean so far forward.

- The back of the canopy is not attached in any way so it always flops around and creates too much air flow in chilly weather.

- The canopy is very small - I'd like more coverage.

Any ideas for a new stroller?

Cybex Onyx? With that lovely ratcheting canopy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you have a DD, someone from this board is selling her like-new luscious purple Onyx for a steal. (I know b/c I have been stalking her sale thread on another board but am resisting temptation b/c I love my '11 G-luxe ).
    Aprica Presto? Looks to have a large canopy and is only $101 on amazon right now in that super cute tea leaf green. http://www.amazon.com/Aprica-Presto-...dp/B004ANFDOG/
    Reviews:
    http://strollerqueen.wordpress.com/2...presto-review/
    This person bought it to replace her Bee:
    http://thestrollergirl.com/2011/08/1...aprica-presto/
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Love the Onyx, but it's too heavy at 17 pounds. The GLuxe is 11 pounds and I need something as light or almost as light.

How about the peg perego pliko mini? It's 13.5lbs, and stroller queen says it has a 'decent canopy'. Although I can't seem to remember if these pegs had that floating harness thing which would let your DC lean forward. Maybe strollerqueen will be able to impart some wisdom on this .

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot...eview.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does the 2010 not have the full 2 panel pop out silver extension for the canopy, because if it does, not sure you're going to find much else with a canopy you think is big enough.

Do you need something that reclines? Pretty much anything with a strap recline is going to have the same "pulling forward" issue I think.

I picked up the G-Luxe on Amazon when it was $95 and I think with the pop out canopy that it's really big. But maybe the 2010's is smaller? Was that one of the changes for the new model year? I haven't seen many umbrellas with a canopy that's the same size or larger.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Does the 2010 not have the full 2 panel pop out silver extension for the canopy, because if it does, not sure you're going to find much else with a canopy you think is big enough.
    I have a 2010 (love it to pieces!) and it has the silver pop out canopy. I don't think there's a current umbrella out there with a bigger canopy.

The seat size issue would be solved by getting a 2011, since that one has an adjustable legrest. But the seatback would be the same. I think that issue will be hard to avoid.

Maclaren Quest has a bar recline mechanism so it won't pull forward the way a strap recline does. Weighs a little bit more and the canopy won't be as good, but it does have the leg rest for more seat depth for little ones.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Maclaren Quest has a bar recline mechanism so it won't pull forward the way a strap recline does. Weighs a little bit more and the canopy won't be as good, but it does have the leg rest for more seat depth for little ones.
    Is the new Quest recline the same, though? I haven't seen one IRL but saw some pictures of the 2012 Quests (e.g. http://www.babyguygearguide.com/snea...-maclaren-2012) and the recline is different from the old ones. It looks like it's one-handed, maybe similar to the XLR reclines?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast