View Poll Results: Two tone stroller? What color canopy with purple base?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

3 30.00%
  • Flint (dark grey)

7 70.00%
  • Blue

1 10.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help with MBUD canopy upgrade choice

So talking about the new Mountain Buggy Duo canopies has me thinking about replacing mine. The problem is, my MBUD is Plum (deep purple) and I'm not sure how I feel about having different colored canopies. What are your thoughts? For the poll, I put the colors that might work, (blue, black, flint), but they do also have red, green, and brown.

Does anyone have a newer Duo? Does it seem like the canopies could be taken apart and the guts used with different fabric (custom canopies)?

Poll coming...

Nobody has a opinion? Do you think it would look dorky with a canopy color different than the seats?

Well, it might look a little odd, but maybe you could order them and then send it back (before attaching them, obviously) if you don't like the color contrast?

I think I like flint best of those colors, but I think black would be fine, too.

Yeah, I'm worried about it looking odd. I'm hoping that someone who owns a newer one will chine in on the construction of the canopies so I can decide if I want to order them for the "guts". I'm very handy with a sewing machine so I could make a custom canopy, I'm just not sure what parts are provided. For example, the Bee canopies are just fabric; the structured part comes with the stroller.

Not sure how much help this is. I had a 2009 MB Swift. And when the 2010 came out with the improved canopy I inquired about purchasing just the canopy. Supposedly it was compatible with the 2009 Swift. The cost was such that I sold the stroller and bought a 2010 Swift instead. I had the impression that you just popped off the entire canopy and popped on the new one, but I can't confirm it.

I would email or call MB customer service and ask.

Catherine

This is a double upgrade, not a single. The Urban I bought is a double 2008 and has a single canopy. You can upgrade to the new double canopies, (they include a retrofit kit now), but I'd have to live with a two-tone stroller or tear the new canopies apart and make custom ones (if that's possible).

Quote Originally Posted by meggswife View Post
    This is a double upgrade, not a single. The Urban I bought is a double 2008 and has a single canopy. You can upgrade to the new double canopies, (they include a retrofit kit now), but I'd have to live with a two-tone stroller or tear the new canopies apart and make custom ones (if that's possible).
    Well I think a two toned stroller would likely look just fine. After all, people do that deliberately with the Bugs all the time and some strollers, like the Micralite Superlite Fastfold, come that way to start with. I'd go with black or grey personally. I found MB CS helpful when I was contemplating swapping out canopies, so contacting them might get you your answers. Are you a member on StrollerSwap? You could post there and ask as well.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Well I think a two toned stroller would likely look just fine. After all, people do that deliberately with the Bugs all the time and some strollers, like the Micralite Superlite Fastfold, come that way to start with. I'd go with black or grey personally. I found MB CS helpful when I was contemplating swapping out canopies, so contacting them might get you your answers. Are you a member on StrollerSwap? You could post there and ask as well.

Catherine
    In Strollerland, we used to buy different seats and canopy colors on purpose, so we could mix and match. One of my fave combos was orange and lime green. Red and black looked nice, as did red and navy. It was one of the first strollers out that you could do that with, and we were thrilled.
    Strollerqueen

Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen View Post
    In Strollerland, we used to buy different seats and canopy colors on purpose, so we could mix and match. One of my fave combos was orange and lime green. Red and black looked nice, as did red and navy. It was one of the first strollers out that you could do that with, and we were thrilled.
    So which do you think would look good with purple? (I do like the mix-and-match look, I just wasn't sure about purple and... whatever.)

I am indeed a citizen of Strollerland (have been for four years or so).

The original canopy wouldn't bother me so much if it would stay open. It wants to retract all the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by meggswife View Post
    So which do you think would look good with purple? (I do like the mix-and-match look, I just wasn't sure about purple and... whatever.)

I am indeed a citizen of Strollerland (have been for four years or so).

The original canopy wouldn't bother me so much if it would stay open. It wants to retract all the time though.
    That plum is so pretty! It's the only color MB I have never had! I think because my neighbor had it, and I didn't want to be all matchy-matchy with her. Anyway, I think any of the colors you chose would work. Black would look elegant, and navy would look more sporty. Flint would be just kind of, basic. But I'm not a big fan of grey strollers, for some reason.
    Strollerqueen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast