Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can rent a BJCM, BJCE or similar for less than that. There's several places, the one I remember is www.orlandostrollerrentals.com I sooo wish I'd gone with that, instead we took our travel stroller (Chicco Liteway, umbrella but with full, recline, decent canopy and basket) which I hate pushing with a heavy kid, and the airline damaged it on the way there, so I was stuck pushing a stroller with crooked wheels all week.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We plan to take our Maclaren Triumph for the airport and rent a BJCM from Magic Strollers when we get there. I love my Triumph but feel it isn't quite enough for my teeny 4 year old and all of our gear.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I dug out the topaz tonight and fixed the basket and played with the folding mechanism. I think it was just hard to do because it was new. I actually think it will work great, and if DH doesn't have to fold it, I think he'll be fine using it LOL! When we took it a couple years ago, it worked really well other than when we had to fold it up. I would have liked to have more of a basket, but I can hang a bag off the back w/out it tipping so I think we'll be ok. I'd love to take one of my nicer strollers, but I'd cry if the airline destroyed them. My valco quad would be beyond perfect, but I can't risk it getting damaged.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We rente a city elite for $90 for the week for my 3.5 and 6 yo. Totally woth it. Good storage and very comfy. I didn't want the airline trashing my double. If. Othing else, you really meed the storage, and the 6 yo will want to hitch rides.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Look for a Maclaren Triumph, those generally run between $135 and $179 new, but you can find them on Ebay. If you get a newer model one and still want more of a sunshade invest in one of the Protect A Bub sun shades (I think Sunshine Kids makes them). I bought mine on Ebay for $140 including shipping. I would also check Craigslist for one and if you see a 2005 or 2006 get it because it has the folding forward sun shade. I can fold the Triumph one handed while holding a toddler or a baby. I have never had Southwest trash one of my strollers; Jet Blue did lose a hubcap on my Techno and I have a small scratch mark on the handle, but the stroller still works fine. I would probably get a stroller bag and use your Topaz again or rent.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I think I'm going to bring my quad. I got it from shnoop based on SQ's recommendation. I LOVE IT. Yes, it's huge but not any bigger than a metrolite. I don't mind the topaz for my smaller kiddo, but I don't know that I want to push my 6 year old in it. AND I need a one handed push. I'm going to be alone w/ the kids for one of the days.

DH wants easy to fold, small etc. I want comfy, easy to push, recline for sleeping toddler and a decent basket and sun shade.
    If I could swing it, I would get the G-Luxe since it's a very happy medium I really shouldn't spend any more on strollers until I sell a couple I have here.
    Ugh, I keep going around in circles.
    Shandelle

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ita w/ your priorities. The city elist is very heavy and big when folded, but, it had marvelous storage, was super comfy, easy to push, great sunshade, etc. Once we got to the park and off the tram/boat, we rarely, if ever folded/unfolded.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

We did great with our Cybex Onxy for dd who was just seven months old for our WDW trip. We figured if the airlines damaged it on the way there we could rent a stroller. I put skip hop saddle bags on each side and had a skip hop diaper bag as well. That was plenty of storage for us.

Catherine

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've brought both our Swift and Bee+ on trips in a bag (a good bag- we have a Mountain Buggy one which fits them both). We have not had a trashed stroller yet.

Thanks everyone I talked to DH and he doesn't understand why I'd want to bring a huge stroller, but I'm going to be w/out him for a day and I HAVE to have a 1 handed push. I have to have a stroller than can hold all our jackets, snacks, water bottles, diaper bag etc. because I can't physically carry it all!
    Shandelle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast