Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just wanted to chime in about the 6 year old....

We did Disney when my youngest was 9 months old and my oldest was 6.5.

The parks are EXHAUSTING!!! Your 6 yo will likely need to ride, especially as it gets later in the day. We had our P3 for the baby and our Volo for the 6 yo. My DH was very hesitant to bring the Volo, but he was glad I insisted. DH would have had to carry him on his shoulders for hours and that would not have been fun!

Just something to think about...
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you Deb. I keep thinking the same thing, but DH is insisting that we can get by with 1 stroller. I will be wearing the 22 month old (she's only 23 pounds) but I can't do that for 5 days!

I may bring the cheap $20 stroller just in case but it is more suited to the mall than DL.

ETA: I do have the hitchhiker, but I'm worried it would be a total PITA!
    Last edited by todzwife; 01-23-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am one to snub my nose at 5 year olds in strollers at the zoo or museum, but Disney is a total different animal. You won't regret taking it. In fact, your 8 yo will probably fight to ride in it too! Or you'll end up renting a stroller at the park.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Hmm, my seven year old was just fine at WDW without a stroller. He went all out for five days from rope drop into the evenings. No whining. Not tired at all. He's a high energy kid to start with and used to spending a lot of time outside playing so maybe that's why?

Catherine

Double post
    Shandelle

Which would you suggest I take as the 'second' stroller if I take the Valco Quad as the primary stroller.

I have a $20 Mickey Mouse umbrella stroller, the handles actually are a fine height for me, I'm not sure I could push the 6 year old in it though.

I have a Cybex Topaz that I know would be fine for her

I have a baby jogger city mini that is great.

The thing is, I'm lucky I convinced him for 1 full size stroller, let alone 2. I'm tempted to get a G lite and hang it from the side of the quad with stroller hooks. The $20 umbrella does very easily, I'd imagine an 8 pound stroller would be even less awkward.
    Shandelle

You could always put the youngest in the $20 stroller if the six year old is riding, right? That only works when you have two adults though. Do you have a board? What about a ride on board for the six year old?

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
    I think I'm going to bring my quad. I got it from shnoop based on SQ's recommendation. I LOVE IT. Yes, it's huge but not any bigger than a metrolite. I don't mind the topaz for my smaller kiddo, but I don't know that I want to push my 6 year old in it. AND I need a one handed push. I'm going to be alone w/ the kids for one of the days.

DH wants easy to fold, small etc. I want comfy, easy to push, recline for sleeping toddler and a decent basket and sun shade.
    If I could swing it, I would get the G-Luxe since it's a very happy medium I really shouldn't spend any more on strollers until I sell a couple I have here.
    Ugh, I keep going around in circles.
    And as I said in my review, it is THE perfect Disney stroller!
    Strollerqueen

Quote Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
    Which would you suggest I take as the 'second' stroller if I take the Valco Quad as the primary stroller.

I have a $20 Mickey Mouse umbrella stroller, the handles actually are a fine height for me, I'm not sure I could push the 6 year old in it though.

I have a Cybex Topaz that I know would be fine for her

I have a baby jogger city mini that is great.

The thing is, I'm lucky I convinced him for 1 full size stroller, let alone 2. I'm tempted to get a G lite and hang it from the side of the quad with stroller hooks. The $20 umbrella does very easily, I'd imagine an 8 pound stroller would be even less awkward.
    Oh, Gosh, you will be hating life if you have to push that thing for very far, though. Tell DH how much wrist splints cost!
    Strollerqueen

Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen View Post
    Oh, Gosh, you will be hating life if you have to push that thing for very far, though. Tell DH how much wrist splints cost!
    Oh HE will be pushing it if he insists on bringing a tiny one.

Any other suggestions? Maybe he'll let me bring the cybex for the 6 YO.
    Shandelle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast