Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

oh, another things....if you park and go to the beach in front of Peter Shields Inn (very fancy b&b, beachfront, lots of nice/small weddings there), there are no parking meters That's were we go! (starts at the 1300 block of beachfront avenue)..........it's a bit further down, but still serviced with lifeguards, a bathroom, shower, a small food vendor, and it's very quiet over there!

and, from mid-June through September, you will likely be faced with a minumun two night stay on the weekend but most places are up to a min. 4-day stay for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    This is great information, Veronica!!! Thanks so much! I'm going to look into the hotels you mentioned. Are the condo type places (Sandpiper, etc.) in a good location? With those meter hassles we'll certainly want to park at the hotel and walk everywhere we can! Also, if we do call the realtor, what streets or information should we give to make sure we're on the beach and walking distance to town. I've had bad luck with realtors saying something is "walking distance" when it's really a loooong hike away. Since we'll have a toddler and an infant, I really would want to be close!
    It's pretty small here. Sort of like the end of the earth, lol. If you say walking distance, they really should listen. you would want to at least rule out West Cape May. when you do that though, you may rule out a nicer/cheaper rental. I wish I could tell you guys very specific places, but when you get here, you will see; literally every home is either a b&b or for rent. Todd and his staff (realtor) all grew up here. Per OP's request, I did only list beachfront options.

Quote Originally Posted by ijopint View Post
    where do you get the season pass?

P.s. I copy /paste all the great tips/info . Many thanks
    Daily $5
    3-day $10
    weekly (sat-sat) $15
    seasonal is $15 until March 31
    Kids until age 12 are free!

Where can I buy beach tags in Cape May? In season, beach tags can be purchased at any beach entrance from beach patrol crews, and at City Hall. (A maximum of five (5) seasonal tags, per individual, can be purchased. For information on ordering beach tags by mail, call 609-884-9525.

Last edited by veronica; 01-28-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Here is a pretty accurate picture of the washington street mall. It's 4 blocks of little shops/eateries. It's about 4 blocks inland , in the center of town, where all the "action" is!

http://www.washingtonstreetmall.com/

let's see if this works for a map . If you can see it, you'd want to likely stay between broadway and madison but this can help anyone who talks to a realtor. Renting a home will not come easy/cheap for beachfront and will be a bit further from the center of things, because the center is mostly hotels/condos.
    http://www.capemaychamber.com/cape-may/capemaymap.pdf
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2