Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Bonnet Creek vs DVC properties

Has anyone stayed at both? BC is so much cheaper. If you've stayed at both, did you miss the "Disneyness" of staying there? (We aren't the "I need a break from the Mouse" types). Plus the perks like package delivery and early magic hours? I've only stayed on property, but BC is closer than some WDW resorts to the parks, and I've seen it and it's really nice. If we stayed on property, we'd stay in a DVC property like Boardwalk Villas or Bay Lake Towers. I'd love to hear your views, thanks.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

K-Bear is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I've never stayed on-site, but did stay at BC when we went last year. After reading tons of posts (here and Disboards) about how much people love staying on-site, all the wonderful perks,blah blah blah, I thought I would be kind of disappointed not staying on-site. A big what-if hanging over me during our vacation.

That all went away as soon as I got to BC. It was so incredibly nice - loved it. I especially loved that I could watch Epcot fireworks from my balcony. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. And I didn't wonder if I was missing anything by staying off-site at all.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Not to hijack, but K-bear, did you try the shuttle to and from BC and the parks? If so, what did you think? I've been eying BC, esp if we can't get a good deal onsite. DH and I are used to staying in suite style hotels, so BC is extremely attractive to us with all of the amenities it offers at such a good price.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

K-Bear, did you do a trip report by chance? I'd love to hear more about what you thought. Although I've never really heard anything negative about BC. We have to have a separate bedroom, since there's no way I want to go to sleep when DDs do.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Bear View Post
    I've never stayed on-site, but did stay at BC when we went last year. After reading tons of posts (here and Disboards) about how much people love staying on-site, all the wonderful perks,blah blah blah, I thought I would be kind of disappointed not staying on-site. A big what-if hanging over me during our vacation.

That all went away as soon as I got to BC. It was so incredibly nice - loved it. I especially loved that I could watch Epcot fireworks from my balcony. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. And I didn't wonder if I was missing anything by staying off-site at all.
    Glad you loved it. We're staying at BC this May when we take the boys to WDW for the first time. Can't wait!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Not to hijack, but K-bear, did you try the shuttle to and from BC and the parks? If so, what did you think? I've been eying BC, esp if we can't get a good deal onsite. DH and I are used to staying in suite style hotels, so BC is extremely attractive to us with all of the amenities it offers at such a good price.
    We rented a car and didn't use the shuttle. Driving around was so easy and not a big deal at all. My DH is not a driving fan and even he didn't complain about the driving.

It was also nice to have a car for the times we needed to go to Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    K-Bear, did you do a trip report by chance? I'd love to hear more about what you thought. Although I've never really heard anything negative about BC. We have to have a separate bedroom, since there's no way I want to go to sleep when DDs do.
    No, I didn't do a trip report but feel free to ask my any question.

Things I loved about it - there was plenty to do at the resort if we chose to take advantage (pools, miniature golf, arts and crafts for the kids). They have daily scheduled activities - just a lot to do. We didn't take advantage of any of it, but it was nice to know it was there if we wanted to do those activities.

The price. You just can't beat the price - I want to say we got a 2 bedroom condo for around $800 and I read posts of people getting it cheaper. There is no way a comparable Disney place could compete with that price.

Our unit was nicely furnished - it was a very comfortable place to stay. We had 2 bedrooms/2 baths. After a long day at the parks, it was nice to put the girls in their bedroom while DH and I relaxed in the living room watching tv. In the morning, we could wake up and do our own thing without having to wake the girls.

We loved having the kitchen. In the evening, we could have a snack. In the morning, we could have a good breakfast then head out to the parks.

You can't beat having a washer/dryer!

We went last January (actually a year ago during this week) and our girls were 5 and 3. The parks weren't open late (AK closed at 5, MK closed at 8) and it wasn't too crowded so we really didn't need to take advantage of EMH.

It was just so relaxing/nice to come home at the end of the day to an apartment.

And did I mention the price?

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

K-Bear, thanks for the review! We just went to WDW last month and my boys are already bugging us about going back! BC is definitely something that I have been researching on and off, so it's nice to see another BBB'er who had a positive experience.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

We own a timeshare at BC and have been twice. We were just there last month. I've never stayed DVC before, but have stayed on property at Shades of Green once before.

I LOVE BC. PP has already mentioned a lot of the positives there. I will comment on the shuttle service. It is not as readily available as Disney shuttles. There are not as many return times early in the day as we needed when we were there the first time. I had real little kids, and they needed to come home for a rest. We found it easier for us to just drive ourselves. But, if you are the type who stays in the park for most of the day, they will be just fine for you.

The amenities at BC are unbeatable. When we were there last month, there was a daily activity for the children - a bounce house was blown up twice per week for the kids to play in for example. There are 4 separate pool areas, a play ground, putt putt, arcade in addition to the kids' activities.

The condos are a great size. The 2 BR is about 1200 sq ft I think and we have stayed in a 3 BR as well which was about 1500 sq ft. Love having all the space to spread out. It's always very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed grilling out by the pool in the evenings.

There is really easy access to restaurants and stores. You are right near the interstate so it's super easy to get places.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to ask me any questions as well.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks K-Bear and DCL! I really am considering it for our trip. The small things like package delivery from the parks to the hotel and walking to the parks just don't seem worth the extra cost. DH may be harder to convince.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast