Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    You're welcome!

I've been researching BC for over 2 years so that decision was easy...Choosing who to book with, was more difficult. I learned about VS through a very good (IRL) friend who is very particular about everything and she was THRILLED with her experience with VS. Knowing that, plus everything I've read on disboards made me feel comfortable choosing them.
    So may I ask how much your are paying for yor trip?() I need some numbers so I can even figure if a WDW trip could be a possibility. I know my airfare will be higher because I live farther away, but in regards to tickets, car rental, parking at the park, and hotel costs I am very interested.

Boolady, where did you stay off property? Virgin Atlantic had a lot of offers with other off property hotels.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    So may I ask how much your are paying for yor trip?() I need some numbers so I can even figure if a WDW trip could be a possibility. I know my airfare will be higher because I live farther away, but in regards to tickets, car rental, parking at the park, and hotel costs I am very interested.
    I don't mind sharing the cost....

We're paying $795 for NINE nights at BC! (Isn't that amazing?!) We're going in May - guess it's important to know.

No parking fees at BC but we'll be renting a car and paying for parking at the parks so that's ~$100. (7 park days x $14/day.)

Park tix will be about $1,000. (7 day tix for 2 adults, 2 kids, no park hopper or anything extra.)

Our airfare was about $1100.

Car rental is about $325-ish. This may decrease if we find a better deal closer to May.

Hope that helps!!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Wow Tami, that is an unbelievable rate!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    Wow Tami, that is an unbelievable rate!
    Seriously awesome rate, I know!!

I keep thinking of all the extra stuff we can spend $$ on since we got such a great deal at BC!! (Extra stuff we can let the boys buy/do while at WDW...)
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We stayed at the Hilton Parc Soleil. It was about a year old at that point...we loved it, and got a great rate. We never attended any vacation club presentations and no one bothered us about it. We got one message when we arrived, never returned the call, and that was it. Pool and covered playground were fantastic, and we were about 5 minutes from one of the entrances to the parks. We had a one-bedroom suite that looked exactly like the photo below.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...orida/index.do

ETA: Ooh, Annie! You're a government employee, too. That's how we got our great rate...Hilton gives government employee discounts to employees of county, state, and federal government...not just military and federal. Let me just say...we paid about $100 per night less than what they're showing now as a standard rate, which I know has gone up about $50 per night. We got about a $50 per night savings as a result of my government employee status.
    Last edited by boolady; 01-26-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We're paying $795 for NINE nights at BC! (Isn't that amazing?!) We're going in May - guess it's important to know.

No parking fees at BC but we'll be renting a car and paying for parking at the parks so that's ~$100. (7 park days x $14/day.)

Park tix will be about $1,000. (7 day tix for 2 adults, 2 kids, no park hopper or anything extra.)

Car rental is about $325-ish. This may decrease if we find a better deal closer to May.

Hope that helps!!
    Wow, that's a great rate! Thanks for sharing. So, just to make sure, that was for a 2 bdrm deluxe or presidential?
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hope that helps!!
    Thank you soo much Tami! Okay so about $700 for tickets for 3 then, maybe a little less.

So you got all of that stuff through the guy your friend used, tickets included?

Because at least at Disneyland if you buy your tickets through AAA you get parking at the park for free. If you have AAA you might want to look into it, plus in our AAA magazine January was highlighted as being Disney month so they might have ticket promos going on.

If we could get 5 nights for about the same price, if not less than what you are paying I'd be happy.

Our airfare right now for the week in question non stop roundtrip from LAX with Virgin America is $1800, plus about $100 to and from the airport using the shuttle service if we can't drop/pick us up.

A car would probably be a must, but we'd probably get the cheapest compact available since it would just be from park to park transportation and maybe a trip to the market or to eat somewhere outside the park. Check Costco.com for car rentals, Alamo is having some good deals right now.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Wow, that's a great rate! Thanks for sharing. So, just to make sure, that was for a 2 bdrm deluxe or presidential?
    I forgot that detail.....it's a 2 bedroom deluxe. I considered getting the rate for the presidential but decided we could spend the $$ elsewhere. i have no idea how much extra that would be.....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Thank you soo much Tami! Okay so about $700 for tickets for 3 then, maybe a little less.

So you got all of that stuff through the guy your friend used, tickets included?

Because at least at Disneyland if you buy your tickets through AAA you get parking at the park for free. If you have AAA you might want to look into it, plus in our AAA magazine January was highlighted as being Disney month so they might have ticket promos going on.

If we could get 5 nights for about the same price, if not less than what you are paying I'd be happy.

Our airfare right now for the week in question non stop roundtrip from LAX with Virgin America is $1800, plus about $100 to and from the airport using the shuttle service if we can't drop/pick us up.

A car would probably be a must, but we'd probably get the cheapest compact available since it would just be from park to park transportation and maybe a trip to the market or to eat somewhere outside the park. Check Costco.com for car rentals, Alamo is having some good deals right now.
    Annie, I was planning on purchasing tickets from Undercover Tourist but if AAA offers free parking, I'll definitely purchase from them. Thanks for the tip!

For car rentals, I just lurk on the transportation board over on disboards and watch for people to post codes and deals. It's worked so far! The good thing is its easy to change a reservation if a better deal comes along.
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

AAA only offered special parking for us last May to DW. You got a pass and got to park in a special area very close, but still had to pay. maybe that's changed since then though. I will say the close parking was wonderful and worth going through AAA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast