jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Will we get sick?

I boiled chicken for soup earlier this afternoon. We had to run out for swim lessons and were gone 2 hours. I put the chicken in the fridge before we left but the stock was too hot so I left it on the stove. Can I still use the broth for soup or do I need to toss it? TIA

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would just boil the soup before eating it, but I personally would be OK with using it. Especially since it is wintertime and it's not like it's 90 degrees out.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh absolutely, you'll be fine. I bet it had just barely cooled down by the time you were back, if it was really just two hours.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

2 hours? That's perfectly fine. I'd keep it.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Seriously? You all need to come live here and build up immune systems. We eat dinner at 6:30 and dinner usually gets put away at 10-11. We eat the leftovers and never get sick. I'd eat it without hesitation.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Seriously? You all need to come live here and build up immune systems. We eat dinner at 6:30 and dinner usually gets put away at 10-11. We eat the leftovers and never get sick. I'd eat it without hesitation.
    slightly different though - we eat a LOT of soup. and i do most of my cooking early - like in the morning while DS is in school, or at the latest, midday while he's napping. and i always leave it on the stove. and then just heat it up before we eat...not necessarily to boiling. perhaps i'm testing my luck, but i've always done it this way and we've never, ever gotten sick. honestly, i actually never even really thought twice about whether i should refrigerate and then take back out to reheat.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08