Default enough with the sickness, please.

I have had a coughing virus...cold...thing for a MONTH. Four solid weeks. Today I finally gave in and went back to the doctor (after being told last week it was just a virus) because I am not getting better.

Yeah. That want-to-lay-down-and-cry feeling? That's because I have pneumonia.

Pneumonia.

I've dragged myself through the entire week of child care, household care, grocery shopping, rehearsals, work, etc. with freakin' pneumonia.

And the antibiotics my doctor prescribed made me itchy and rashy and generally not-good-feeling. So now I've taken benadryl. I'm afraid to go to sleep. And I'm afraid to take the super-duper cough suppressant she also prescribed because I don't know how *that* will make me react, so even if I weren't afraid to go to sleep, I don't think I could because I can't. stop. coughing.

I have been sick for an entire month. Before that I had a miscarriage. Before that I had some other two week long virus.

I am done. I am so over being sick and I just want to feel healthy for a few days. Is that too much to ask?!?

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    . Is that too much to ask?!?

Sarah
    No, it's not too much. I hope the medicine works and you start to feel better soon.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yuck! I know the feeling. This winter has been absolutely brutal with illness.

Definitely call your Dr about your med reaction before you take another dose. I learned the hard way that med allergies can sometimes exponentially increase with subsequent doses.

Hope you feel better very soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Yuck! I know the feeling. This winter has been absolutely brutal with illness.

Definitely call your Dr about your med reaction before you take another dose. I learned the hard way that med allergies can sometimes exponentially increase with subsequent doses.

Hope you feel better very soon!!
    Thanks, I'm definitely going to call when they open. I figured med allergies would probably be like any other - the first time could be hives, the second time could be anaphylactic shock.

The benadryl finally kicked in last night and I felt less itchy so I went to bed. Strangely enough (probably because the benadryl made me drowsy) I actually got some decent sleep! So I can still feel the achy lung bit (I thought that was just a backache, silly me) and I'm still exhausted but I actually feel better today than I have for the past few weeks.

Now I just need some antibiotics that won't potentially kill me...

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh, that is no fun! I hope this weekend you can get some peaceful, restful sleep so you can make a quick recovery!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

That is just too much! I finally got on antibiotics yesterday and already this morning feel a bit better. It's nice to stand up without wondering if I'm going to fall down. I hope you get your antibiotics sorted out! And I hope you feel better soon!

Catherine