Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

To answer your question, no it wouldn't bother me. My birthday rarely is acknowledged.

But---the only reason I would say something to someone is if I thought they may have mailed something that didn't arrive. If your friend usually hand delivers gifts, that would not be the issue. But if it's possible she mailed or ordered something that did not arrive, she would need to know in order to track it down.

Does that make sense?

The problem, of course, is that you have no way of knowing whether she did so. She may be wondering why she didn't get a thank you from you while you're wondering why you didn't get a gift from her. If you can think of a way to find out, it would be good to let her know that you didn't get anything.

Otherwise, though, I would let it go.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, I would be sad but I would also give my friend a break and let it go. Yes, it could be she just spaced it, did not put it on her new calendar, or who knows.

I do have a good friends whose birthday seems to always be the first day of school. I am the type who has always remembered friends' birthdays...dont usually even need them written on my calendar, I just remember. However,I have forgotten it was her birthday for the past 2 years in a row...and remembered a few weeks later. The first day of school has been so stressful here. I am so glad that when I call my friend to apologize, she has always been gracious and light-hearted about it.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Keep in mind that some people are simply terrible with dates.

Growing up, I had a favorite older sister. And after 30 years, I can't even tell you what her birthday is. I'm not sure why I can't remember it, because I can remember the birthdays of all my other brothers and sisters. But for some reason, my mind with NOT remember my favorite sister's birthday. I know it is early August, but every year I wind up calling her about August 10th to wish her a belated happy birthday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2