MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Bay Lake Tower over Spring Break - rent car or no need?

It seems like a lot of visitors do rent a car, even if they are staying in WDW resort. We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower for Spring Break. Our dining reservations are all over the place, everywhere. Is a rental car recommended? Or is it really just unnecessary with all the on-site transportation options?

Thanks for any advice!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    It seems like a lot of visitors do rent a car, even if they are staying in WDW resort. We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower for Spring Break. Our dining reservations are all over the place, everywhere. Is a rental car recommended? Or is it really just unnecessary with all the on-site transportation options?

Thanks for any advice!
    I don't think it's necessary. You get magical express from the airport to the resort and if all your ADRs are within resort, using the buses/boats/monorails is actually pretty efficient.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've been to BLT twice and didn't have a car (or miss it) either time. We had no plans to spend time off-property and ate all meals (on dining plan) on-site.

I found the transportation to be pretty reliable and easy from BLT/Contemporary.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We stayed at BLT last July and didn't rent a car and never felt a need for it. Used WDW transportation to back and forth between the parks.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with the others. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time off property, you don't need a car. Have a great trip (so jealous! ) and save that $$$ for souvenirs!
    DD1 10/01
    DD2 02/07
    DD3 07/09