Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Any tips on how to turn this baby around? UPDATE!

Mopey is now head down!!!!!!

Thanks for all the tips and good mojo. So, so glad!

--------

So I found out this morning that Mopey is breech

Has anyone had any luck with tricks or exercises to turn a breech position around? I've got two weeks to my next appointment (with a growth scan thrown in for good measure).

TIA!
    Last edited by Mopey; 02-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My daughter flipped with a pedicure. Good excuse to get one anyway. Of course she flipped back and wouldn't budge. My son was more stubborn but he stayed. He flipped somewhere between the chiropractor, the Chinese homeopathy burning thingy and the acupuncture. That was a busy day! There are lists out there.. warm baths, swimming, diving, put ice on the top of your stomach, and music at the bottom, elevating your hips. I would start with a pedicure! Best wishes!

Interesting! And I actually NEED a pedicure. I normally do it myself but can't quite reach anymore

Going to try to hot and cold after my pedicure tomorrow morning! Thanks!

www.spinningbabies.com is great. DS and DD2 were both breech late in the game, but both flipped and stayed head down. How many weeks are you?
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, I successfully turned my baby at around 32-33 weeks by using the "ironing board" method. I spent a lot of time with my hips and legs elevated while reading the newspaper or reading a book! It was an amazing feeling when she turned. This was DD1.

I also tried acupuncture and the moxibustion thing, but neither worked for me.

(Unfortunately she turned back to breech at 36 weeks and I had an external version performed - successfully - at 37 or 38 weeks, but that's another story!)
    Last edited by citymama; 01-26-2012 at 07:29 PM.

for Sandy Hook

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know someone who got acupuncture to get her baby to flip and it worked.

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I personally have no BTDT, but there are very concrete methods shown and demonstrated here:

http://www.spinningbabies.com/
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    Interesting! And I actually NEED a pedicure. I normally do it myself but can't quite reach anymore

Going to try to hot and cold after my pedicure tomorrow morning! Thanks!
    If you do go for a pedicure and aren't ready for labor make sure they are careful during any foot massage. There's an accupressure point on the foot that is rumored to help induce labor. I don't know how much it actually does but you probably don't want to find out when your baby is breech

I've also heard wonderful things about Spinningbabies and sitting on a birth ball instead of a chair.

I'll be careful Mikala!

And thank you so much everyone. I am 33 weeks today and wasn't even expecting a position scan yet. It was certainly a lot to hear (growth scan, check, version with epidural, possible c section, etc). My doc was so sweet and I guess I must have looked shocked because she said, "I'm sorry - this is more than you thought you would hear this morning."

I am going to go check out spinning babies. My mom said something about legs up and I can walk them right up my wall (he!! that's what I did to get pregnant!) so I am really hoping Mopey and I can make something happen!

One of my best girls said the baby just must love my big boobs (and want to be near them already)

Another vote for the Spinning Babies website. Those are the techniques my midwives uses to get babies in all sorts of bad positions to turn.

DS#2 was breech until 36-37 weeks, and I got him to turn after doing the maneuvers for a week.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast