Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There's been a few studies showing that moxibustion has been effective in turning breeches. In the studies it was usually done multiple times (daily) over 1-2 weeks. Here's a few studies I found on it:

Moxibustion for correction of breech presentation: a randomized controlled trial.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9820259

Acupuncture plus moxibustion to resolve breech presentation: a randomized controlled study.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15280133

I'd also go to a chiropractor who specializes in pregnant women for the Webster Technique. Another good way of getting baby to turn (and be in optimal position even if they are head down).

The Webster Technique: a chiropractic technique with obstetric implications.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12183701

Here's how to find a chiropractor in your area specializing in pregnancy:
    http://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/

And no harm in trying the Spinning Babies techniques too.
    Last edited by essnce629; 01-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, I took a warm bath and put an ice pack on the top of my tummy... but that's not what worked. He just turned entirely on his own just before I hit 36 weeks. I will say, he was pushing in one direction, trying to turn for a while, and it did hurt. But ever since he made it successfully head down he has been behaving. I hope yours turns.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

33 weeks means you still have a little time for her to turn. I would do as pp's have suggested.

If she stays breech much longer, be sure the ped who examines her at birth double and triple checks for hip clicks or hip displaysia. It is most common in first born daughters who are breech. And many peds miss it.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ok I just tried an inversion using the couch. That was kind of hard, will have to do it with hubby around for sure.

Will just keeping working on it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    33 weeks means you still have a little time for her to turn. I would do as pp's have suggested.

If she stays breech much longer, be sure the ped who examines her at birth double and triple checks for hip clicks or hip displaysia. It is most common in first born daughters who are breech. And many peds miss it.
    It's interesting you said "she". We don't know the sex but I've had three strangers say it looks like a girl this week. Plus my MIL and my mom.

Hmmmmmmm. Going to put my hips & legs up now to read

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    Hmmmmmmm. Going to put my hips & legs up now to read
    That's what worked for me!

I could have sworn my DD just wanted to be closer to hear every word I said as clearly as possible. She was so alert as a newborn and then started talking so early, I think it might have been what kept her wrong side up!

for Sandy Hook

I managed to lie down for an hour - not sure my hips were high enough though. Will get the hubby to help me later.

Do you guys know how long/how many times a day I should do it?

I'm a little miffed because I called my OB to ask what I could do and they said nothing, that the baby would either turn or not. I am still going to try to work on the baby though!

I did it 3 times a day for several minutes at a time, and on day 6 or 7 he flipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    I'll be careful Mikala!

And thank you so much everyone. I am 33 weeks today and wasn't even expecting a position scan yet. It was certainly a lot to hear (growth scan, check, version with epidural, possible c section, etc). My doc was so sweet and I guess I must have looked shocked because she said, "I'm sorry - this is more than you thought you would hear this morning."

I am going to go check out spinning babies. My mom said something about legs up and I can walk them right up my wall (he!! that's what I did to get pregnant!) so I am really hoping Mopey and I can make something happen!

One of my best girls said the baby just must love my big boobs (and want to be near them already)
    At 34weeks a couple days Jack was still breech he was measuring 7lbs and still flipped. I did way on my yoga ball up side down a lot that week. ( yes he was that big at that point he was over 10 at birth)
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

This months issue of Fit Pregnancy has an article on turning breech babies around...I would have cruised it for you but it was sealed in plastic!

It was available at Barnes & Noble.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast