Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default carseatdata.org ?

Does anyone know if this website is still around? I've been trying to access it for a week with no luck. I'd really like to try the compatibility database mentioned in the Baby Bargains book.

Thanks!

Welcome!

Unfortunately it was owned by elitecarseats.com and they have gone under. Though, we can pretty much tell you if any given combination will work, so tell us what car(s) you have and what seat(s) you're considering and we can give you some workable advice.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Default Thanks!

I guess I've come to the right place :-)

We have a 2002 Honda CR-V and are getting a hand me down Snap and Go stroller from a friend (don't know the exact model yet). Assuming the stroller is in good shape we'd like to start with an infant seat that fits them both. In the Baby Bargains books, we gravitate towards the "better" of good/better/best.

Might not be able to make a decision until we have the stroller, but baby isn't due until January. This is our first, so trying to learn as much as we can while we still have some free time.

Thank you!

Snugride 35

It'll work in the snap n gos of any brand name, and it has a built in lockoff on the base so you should be able to get a good installation in the center seat with your seatbelt, or outboard it will be fine with LATCH.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Default Nissan Rogue

Hi! Anyone know what infant carrier is best for a 2011 Nissan Rogue??

Question Help with car seat to fit '04 VW Jetta

Now that carseatdata.org no longer exists, I need advice on which infant car seats would best fit an '04 VW Jetta and '10 Ford Escape. The Escape has side airbags in the back, but the Jetta doesn't. Will any of the following work: First Years Via, Safety 1st On Board 35 Air, Chicco Key Fit 30, or Graco Snug Ride 35? I'm somewhat hesitant on the SnugRide due to its less-than-stellar side impact protection. If it will fit in the middle of the Jetta's back seat, however, I'll probably go with that. Any ideas?

Default vw 04 jetta

Hi!! We have an 04 Jetta and got the SnugRide35 and love it! The only drawback is that the passenger seat has to be pretty far forward so if you have two tall people in front, one might have to move in back with baby. I think that would be the case for any car seat in the Jetta though!

Default Advice for convertible seat in VW 04 Jetta

Julie or others - We are now upgrading to convertible seat and looking at the Britax Marathon. Will that fit in an 04 Jetta? Our primary car is an 05 Jeep so I'm assuming it will fit in there but not so sure about the Jetta.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crathburn View Post
    Julie or others - We are now upgrading to convertible seat and looking at the Britax Marathon. Will that fit in an 04 Jetta? Our primary car is an 05 Jeep so I'm assuming it will fit in there but not so sure about the Jetta.
    thanks!
    The best way to find out is go to a brick and mortar store and try it out. When I was trying to find a convertible that fit into my old car's teensy tiny back seat, I went to Buy Buy Baby and one of the sales associates brought the seats I was interested in to my car and we put them each in to see which fit the best. I planned to buy a Britax, but as a result, we found that the First Year's True Fit Premier was a much better fit in that space.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

FedBaby is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    The best way to find out is go to a brick and mortar store and try it out.
    I did the same at BRU -- was interested in a Britax that was on sale online only. I got there early in the morning before it was busy and a guy carried one (different fabric) out to my car and we decided it fit fine.

I was surprised BRU would do this, but was definitely pleased!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast