Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Now, it's a crisis. ISO double AT/jogging stroller for tall parents/kids

Must purchase one SOON, so I can walk DD to school with DS#1 and DS#2. Mostly paved paths, some sand, with a very large drop off at one point (about 2.5 x curb height). I'm not planning to jog, at least not until DS#2 is at least 6 months old, but I'd like to be able to jog or walk briskly when the time is right.

Wants: tall handle height, no kicking the back, swivel front wheel (if a three wheel stroller), air filled tires, good suspension, would be nice if it adapted to take a Graco Snugride car seat.

Stats: I'm 6'2", DS#1 is almost three years old, 37 inches, about 35 lbs. DS =#2 is 8 weeks, 12+ lbs and 22-ish inches.

Budget: I'd like to stay under $700. Total.

I'll be purchasing online, b/c there is nothing around here except a small Babies R Us corner in the TRU store.

Suggestions? Input? I was thinking Bob Duallie but was told a while back that the handle height might not be tall enough, as DH & I are both 6'2".

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by longtallsally05; 01-27-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot to add budget
    DD 2/06
    DS1 2/09
    DS2 12/11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

MB Duo?

My DH loved the adjustable handlebar:

A poster here got one for $500 from ebay using best offer. FYI, it has a long flat fold so it is not great for frequent car use.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 01-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Looks good; how is the canopy height on that? I seem to recall putting DD in a MB once upon a time when she was 2 going on 3, and she had no head room. My kids are pretty tall & I'd like to be able to use the stroller for a year. Hopefully DS#1 will be reliable enough to walk with DD and I by age 4! How does it fit in your car? I don't have much hope of ever taking a double with me b/c we have a small car, but that looks like it might be managable when folded.
    Last edited by longtallsally05; 01-27-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: dimensions Q
    DD 2/06
    DS1 2/09
    DS2 12/11

I sold mine this past summer. DS1 was 4 and about 43 inches back then. He still fit under the canopy but did not have much room.

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by longtallsally05 View Post
    Looks good; how is the canopy height on that? I seem to recall putting DD in a MB once upon a time when she was 2 going on 3, and she had no head room. My kids are pretty tall & I'd like to be able to use the stroller for a year. Hopefully DS#1 will be reliable enough to walk with DD and I by age 4! How does it fit in your car? I don't have much hope of ever taking a double with me b/c we have a small car, but that looks like it might be managable when folded.
    I would check the dimensions on the MB site vs. the space in your car. I love MB's but just will never be able to fit one in my trunk, the fold is taller than other strollers by at least 5 inches. Fold size is a major issue for me, I literally have a page of notes with just the measurements of different strollers folded. The larger Baby Joggers have the best fold and the Duallie is slightly better. Also maybe the Stroll Air My Duo?
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It has a monster fold. It's takes up most of the back of my Ody with the third row down. Definitely not a car friendly double. DD and DS have a combined weight of about 70lbs and it drives like but-tah over most terrain. Love my Duo!

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are a tall family and the BJCED is our AT double. DH is 6'5" and I'm 5"10ish and DD1 was 42 inches at her 3 year check up. DH doesn't even put the handle at the highest setting and DD still has room to grow. We live in a very hilly neighborhood and considering we are pushing more than 100 pounds between kids and the stroller it is an easy push. The fold couldn't be easier. It fits in my Mazda Wagon with a lot of room to spare.

We tried the MBUD but DD had more head room in the BJCED.
    It is huge but for what you want to do it may be your best option.

I had a 2009 BJCCD as well so I can compare to that if you'd like. We much preferred the MB.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you want to jog at some point, I'd go with the Duallie or a BJ Summit double. The BJ has a handbrake, taller seats, and a taller handle than the BOB, but it's fixed, not adjustable like the BJCED (but the Summit double is lighter than the BJCED too).
    http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...red-black.html
    Summit/Duallie comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwXgsgIOwU8
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    If you want to jog at some point, I'd go with the Duallie or a BJ Summit double. The BJ has a handbrake, taller seats, and a taller handle than the BOB, but it's fixed, not adjustable like the BJCED (but the Summit double is lighter than the BJCED too).
    http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...red-black.html
    Summit/Duallie comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwXgsgIOwU8
    I always forget about the Summit.
    Goldenpig did a comparison of the Summit and the Duo a while ago.
    http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=379868

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast